Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This candidate will be part of a 43 person team made up of 6-7 Business and Data Analysts, along with Project Managers, Teradata and Web Developers, Data Modelers, DBAs, and Report Analysts. This candidate will be working directly with customers (Michigan Department of Health and Human Services) on various projects; performing data analysis, data cleansing, test data creation, data verification, and utilizing the standard SUITE methodology; gathering requirements, creating detailed design specifications and then following the project through implementation.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
* Analyze entity relationship diagrams, file specifications, and physical or logical database data models to create detailed ETL mappings, Web API designs or business intelligence report specifications
* Perform data analysis, data cleansing, test data creation, and data verification as part of design and testing activities
* Create testing documents and matrixes and assist the customer with user testing
* Assist the technical and business teams with project-related formal documentation
* Meet with users for clarification and elaboration as may be necessary to clearly define a problem and conceptualize a development plan
* Ability to design applications taking into consideration data reconciliation, (to the source system) query/reporting performance, and analytical business value
* Recognize, gather, correlate, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and devise solutions and alternatives and make appropriate recommendations
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* 2+ years Data Analyst, Technical Business Analyst, Systems Analyst or Business Analyst experience preferably in a Data Warehouse project environment
* 2+ years working with technical developers end users/customers to strategize solutions to align with business requirements
* 2+ years analyzing database structures and developing detailed specifications for ETL, Web API, or reporting requirements
* 2+ years working knowledge of relational databases/database structures
* Experience facilitating customer requirements gathering meetings/sessions/JAD Sessions
* Experience with the State of Michigan PMM/SUITE methodology
* Experience with Agile methodologies
* Experience working directly with Data Modelers and developers
* Business Analyst experience in a state government environment
* Medicaid/Medicare or Healthcare industry experience
* Experience with Teradata SQL Assistant
* Experience with Data Cleansing
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
* All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Systems, Analyst, Business, Analyst, State Government, Medicaid, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Remote, Work from home, data analyst,