Type of Requisition:
RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability RequiredPublic Trust/Other Required:
Database Analysis/DesignJob Description:
GDIT is looking for a Data Scientist/Data Analyst
to build out national and state-level reporting around health services in support of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. This is a remote based role-Candidate must reside in the United States
The project involves analyzing complex data and building dashboards and data visualizations using Tableau (or similar) and SAS Viya that meet customer and user needs. This position will be a part of a highly interactive, remote-based agile team based on a SAFe framework. Adherence to the SAFe/scrum process and deliverable schedule will be key components for success.
The successful candidate must also be self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal direction and have a passion for learning. In addition, they must be able to successfully interact with non-technical users to create understanding of technical concepts and options.Responsibilities
- Building dashboards and visualizations using Amazon QuickSight, Tableau, or a similar technology
- Helping users creating queries in SAS Viya per criteria as defined by business users
- Provide tier 3 support (highest escalation) during business hours for user-based SAS Viya questions
- Participate with team members as a part of a dynamic, interactive Agile
- Bachelor's degree in a technological or related field
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years' experience working with a BI tool such as QuickSight, Tableau, or Power BI
- Passion for building business intelligence solutions
- Strong understanding of data structures and schemas with an attention to detail
- Proficient in writing and trouble-shooting detailed SQL queries
- Proficient in SAS
- Knowledge of modern design patterns and building enterprise-grade production applications
- Comfortable providing demos to clients of work performed (ie. Dashboards) and working collaboratively with team members and stakeholders on delivering dashboard enhancement
- Strong disposition toward self-learning and working independently
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Flexible and willing to accept rapid changes in priorities as necessary
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident with ability to obtain a public trust (CMS requires that you have lived in the US 3 out of the last 5 years)
- Experience with Python, Scala/Spark
- Experience as technical resource on a high performing Scrum team
- Experience within the healthcare IT industry
- Experience with federal contracting and a priority on experience with CMS
- Proficiency in working and interacting remotely (knowledge of tools used for video conferencing, messaging and chat rooms, etc.)
- Advanced Programmer SAS certified
The likely salary range for this position is $96,000 - $144,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%Telecommuting Options:
Telecommuting 100%Work Location:
USA IA Home Office (IAHOME)Additional Work Locations:
Any Location / RemoteTotal Rewards at GDIT:
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual limits and receive a company match. To encourage work/life balance, GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and jury duty leave. To ensure our employees are able to protect their income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal accident, critical illness and business travel and accident insurance are provided or available. We regularly review our Total Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect what our employees have told us they value most.
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 or the start date, if after January 18. Individuals who work in or reside in Texas or Montana or work outside of the United States may be excluded from this requirement.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.