At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The Firm Portfolio Management Office (PMO) is an enterprise-wide function responsible for evolving the firm's capabilities for planning, project, and program management to help facilitate decision-making around and execution of the firm's portfolio of strategic work. This will include development of our ecosystem to enhance the processes by which strategic programs and projects are scoped, prioritized, planned and resourced as well as leadership of execution around our largest strategic programs through a centralized program management function in partnership with division-level PMOs.
Data Analyst II
Firm Portfolio Management Office
* Preparation design and development of customized management-level reports and dashboards in support of the Firm's initiatives or programs. Document business requirements and create data requirements. Build out data sets that meet the data requirements.
* Analysis that facilitates the transformation of complex data/information into actionable insights. Includes advanced financial analysis, forecasting, data modeling, statistical analysis and complex financial modeling.
* Proactively identify opportunities with moderate to broad impact and visibility, propose solutions to relevant parties and drive implementation of solutions with support from leader.
* Develop and manage business relationships with Finance associates, project team members and senior leaders across the organization
* Develop divisional and Firm-level measurements to create awareness of and accountability for results.
* Participate in cross-functional teams responsible for implementing projects in support of divisional and firm-wide business objectives; occasionally lead cross-functional teams responsible for divisional objectives.
* Educate Firm Leaders on analytical concepts and best practices.
* Takes constructive action with general direction from others; leader reviews complex and high-impact outputs.
* Serve as a technical and functional data subject matter expert
* Document, monitor, and proactively recommend improvements to processes and controls
* Transform, re-engineer, and extract data in relational and MPP (Hadoop) data bases using appropriate tools including SQL, PLSQL, Hive, Impala, Spark and PIG.
* Build requirements for, develop and enhance automated processes that provide functional areas with data and information
* BA Required with an emphasis in a business discipline such as accounting, finance, economics, data science, engineering, analytics (or relevant work experience), MBA Preferred
* 4+ years relevant work experience
* Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple tasks/projects and independently adjust to changing priorities
* Advanced analysis skills, forecasting, and complex modeling. Ability to understand and identify opportunities to apply the different types of statistics and advanced analytical concepts.
* Works effectively both independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to summarize complex financial and analytical information and concepts and clearly communicate up to executive management.
* A proficiency using visualization or BI software
* Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required including working ability to utilize pivot tables, advanced charting, VBA, advanced formulas, and conditional formatting
* Intermediate project management skills
* Ability to effectively work with relational and dimensional database architectures
* Ability to extract and analyze large amounts of data using SQL, PLSQL, Impala, Hive, BI solution or other various tools
* Prior use of a Hadoop environment
* Strong analytical, critical, and systems thinking required
* Technical proficiency preferred in the following:
* An advanced ability to interact with various database and file storage systems (DB2, IDMS, Oracle, Hadoop, NoSQL)
* Data manipulation languages such as Impala, PLSQL, SQL, Hive, Pig, XML
* Statistical tools such as SAS, SPSS, R, or Python
* Microsoft Excel - experience using pivot tables, formulas, macros, vba, charts/graphs
* Business Intelligence such as Microstrategy, Business Objects, Sharepoint
* Visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, or Birst
* FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
* From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
* Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
* 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
* Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
* Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
* The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $75962 - $129341
Analytics and Insights, Program Management Office