This position is for a Data Analyst for the Iowa Behavioral Health Reporting System (IBHRS) within the Bureau of Services, Planning and Performance in the Office of Data Analytics and Reporting. This position will be responsible for data quality of the Iowa Behavioral Health System (IBHRS) database.
The main duties will consist of analyzing trends in data reporting, working with providers on the integrity of the data submitted, and working with stakeholders to understand the data. In addition, this position will be responsible for preparing SSRS reports for use by internal and external stakeholders, reviewing existing reports for integrity, streamlining and combining reports for ease of access and use, and preparing dashboards using various data visualization tools.
We are looking for a self-starter who is willing to learn. An ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and strong communication skills.
The needs of this position are as follows:
• Works as the Data Analyst for the Iowa Behavioral Health Reporting System (IBHRS) within the Bureau of Services, Planning and Performance in the Office of Data Analytics and Reporting.
• Coordinate people and resources required to accomplish objectives without the use of supervisory authority.
• Responsible for data quality of the substance use, problem gambling and mental health data reported into the IBHRS system.
• Possess the skills required to provide actionable recommendations based on data analysis.
• Able to understand and assess the quality of source data; Gain knowledge of the system to validate the data being reported by providers and prepared for use by stakeholders. Collect metrics for trends in data reported into IBHRS. Review data reported for outliers.
• Provide technical assistance and guidance to providers to clean data and prepare it for analysis.
• Able to use a relational database, reporting software, and data analytic software to create simple to complex ad hoc queries, write reports and create dashboards against the data reported from IBHRS.
• Uses data visualization tools such as Microsoft Excel and Power BI or Tableau. Set up and maintain executive dashboards so all stakeholders (internal and external) view the same data in the same way.
• Reviews existing reports for integrity.
• Works with stakeholders to explain the data being reported. Provide guidance to programs on how to access available reports.
• Works with business user, data stewards to review data with the business to evaluate data quality and trace data lineage from source systems.
• Provide data expertise to other Bureau staff and acts as a liaison between business users and technical staff.
Daily/Weekly Time Allocation
25% - Develop new reports in IBHRS, respond to ad hoc requests for data, check integrity of existing reports, review data submitted by providers into IBHRS.
20% - Work with reporting providers to correct data reporting issues.
15% - Meet with agency programs on a regular basis (monthly to quarterly) to review data trends and assess ongoing needs for reports from the programs.
15% - Create and maintain dashboards for internal and external stakeholders.
15% - Participate in division meetings related to data.
10% - Technical testing of the Iowa Behavioral Health Reporting System.