Title: Data Analyst
Reports to: Director of Logistics and Customer Support
Location: Remote (US)
If you’ve been searching for a career with a company that values creativity, innovation and teamwork, consider this your ticket to ride.
CharterUP is on a mission to shake up the fragmented $15 billion charter bus industry by offering the first online marketplace that connects customers to a network of more than 600 bus operators from coast to coast. Our revolutionary platform makes it possible to book a bus in just 60 seconds eliminating the stress and hassle of coordinating group transportation for anyone from wedding parties to Fortune 500 companies. We’re introducing transparency, accountability and accessibility to an industry as archaic as phone books. By delivering real-time availability and pricing, customers can use the CharterUP marketplace to easily compare quotes, vehicles, safety records and reviews.
We’re seeking team members who are revved up and ready to use technology to make a positive impact. As part of the CharterUP team, you’ll work alongside some of the brightest minds in the technology and transportation industries. You’ll help drive the future of group travel and help raise the bar for service standards in the industry, so customers can always ride with confidence.
But we’re not just about getting from point A to point B CharterUP is also committed to sustainability. By promoting group travel, we can significantly reduce carbon emissions and help steer our planet towards a greener future. In 2022 alone, we eliminated over 1 billion miles worth of carbon emissions with 25 million miles driven.
CharterUP is looking for passionate and driven individuals to join our team and help steer us towards a better future for group transportation. On the heels of a $60 million Series A funding round, we’re ready to kick our growth into overdrive and we want you to be part of the ride.
About this role
CharterUP is seeking a Data Analyst to join our Logistics & Customer Support Team. In this role, you will play a critical role in extracting insights and generating actionable recommendations from complex data sets. You’ll work closely with our WorkForce Manager and Escalation Manager as well as cross-functional teams to analyze data, build robust visualizations, reports and dashboards, and contribute to data-driven decision-making processes within the organization.
The role reports to the Director of Logistics & Customer Support and is part of the CharterUP supply team.
- $70-75k salary, depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package, including fully subsidized medical benefits for the employee
- Data Collection and Storage
- Collect, consolidate, and organize data from various sources, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Clean and preprocess data to remove or highlight inconsistencies, errors and redundancies
- Maintain data storage to ensure archived data is easily accessible
- Data Analysis
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify trends, patterns and anomalies.
- Utilize statistical techniques to uncover insights and correlations within the data.
- Reporting and Visualization
- Create clear and informative reports, dashboards, and visualizations to communicate insights to stakeholders.
- Maintain dashboards daily to display responsiveness, volume and productivity KPI’s in a large scale, high volume contact center.
- Predictive and Prescriptive Analysis
- Develop predictive models using algorithms such as Erlang to forecast staffing needs
- Develop and maintain predictive models to forecast call volumes, email volume, and other interactions by interval using contact center metrics.
- Monitor model performance and adjust parameters as needed for optimal accuracy.
- Resource Planning
- Collaborate with workforce management teams to align staffing levels with forecasted volumes
- Provide recommendations for optimizing agent schedules and resource allocation
- Data Interpretation
- Collaborate with business teams to understand their objectives and translate data findings to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Data Quality Assurance
- Monitor data integrity and quality, identify and rectify issues as they arise.
- Implement data validation processes to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- Continuous Learning and Improvement
- Stay updated with latest industry trends, data analysis techniques and tools.
Experience and Expertise
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (eg. Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics)
- Minimum 2 years experience in Data Analyst role in a high-volume contact center environment.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools including Tableau, Power BI, Excel and Google sheets.
- Previous experience working with large datasets and performing data cleansing, transformation, and analysis
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and their application to contact center operations
- Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of statistical concepts and methodologies.
- Step 1: Video interview with Talent Acquisition + brief (~12 min) online assessment, Wonderlic
- Step 2: Video interview with Hiring Manager
- Step 3: Case Study interview with Director and VP
- Step 4: Offer, references
- Welcome aboard!
At CharterUP, we don’t compromise on quality. We hire smart, high-energy, trustworthy people and keep them as motivated and happy as possible. We do that by adhering to our principles, which are:
- Customer First
- We always think about how our decisions will impact our clients; earning and keeping customer trust is our top priority
- We are not afraid of short-term pain for long-term customer benefit
- Create an Environment for Exceptional People
- We foster intellectual curiosity
- We identify top performers, mentor them, and empower them to achieve
- Every hire and promotion will have a higher standard
- Everyone is an Entrepreneur / Owner
- No team member is defined by their function or job title; no job is beneath anyone
- We do more with less; we are scrappy and inventive
- We think long-term
- Relentlessly High Standards
- We reject the status quo; we constantly innovate and question established routines
- We are not afraid to be wrong; the best idea wins
- We don’t compromise on quality
- Clarity & Speed
- When in doubt, we act; we can always change course
- We focus on the key drivers that will deliver the most results
- Mandate to Dissent & Commit
- We are confident in expressing our opinions; it is our obligation to express our disagreement
- Once we decide, we enthusiastically move together in the agreed upon direction
CharterUP is an equal-opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.