Zachary Piper Solutions
is looking for a Cyber Security Analyst to provide support services to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to ensure a secure, compliant, effective and efficient cloud architecture is implemented by the agency. In addition, candidate will be responsible for collaborating at various levels of the organization to assist in developing definitive guidance for Agency system owners to migrate operational systems to the cloud while maintaining or achieving Authority to Operate (ATO). Location:
Remote Job Duties:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
• Reviewing existing Agency infrastructure and security documentation, performing interviews of key personnel, and reviewing technical control implementations of agency authorized cloud environments.
• Person(s) will be required to document detailed design implementation recommendations to enable our customer to remain in compliance with federal regulations and industry best practices while identifying opportunities to increase visibility and oversight into production system operations in the cloud.
• Supporting project teams during system design to promote the effective deployment of IT assets to cloud environments in a secure and compliant manner. Ideal candidate will possess and demonstrate a high-level of knowledge in the following areas:
• Securing cloud environments, including public, private, or hybrid cloud services that meet federal guidelines and regulations and NIST Special Publication best practices (e.g. NIST SP 500-292, NIST SP 800-53 Rev. 4)
• Designing, implementing, and configuring secure cloud architecture solutions within Cloud Service Provider environments (e.g. AWS, Azure) and within customer private clouds
• Supporting project teams during system design to promote the effective deployment of IT assets to cloud environments in a secure and compliant manner
• Cloud computing infrastructure, application development methodologies, best practices, and available and emergent services in CSP environments to support these functions
• Available cloud security solutions focused on: Data Governance, Risk Management, Endpoint Security, Network Visibility and Advanced Threat Monitoring and Management Basic Required Qualifications:
• 4-year degree in Computer Science or a related technical degree (or a minimum of 5 years of progressive IT experience in networking or Cyber Security)
- Requires U.S. Citizenship.
• A VA designated High-Risk Background Investigation (BI) clearance preferred, or the ability to obtain such clearance. Desired Qualifications:
• Identifying and recommending Federally compliant cloud solutions for private clouds and IaaS or PaaS CSPs.
• Document detailed designs for a Cloud infrastructure based on industry best practices in cloud computing, for an IaaS or PaaS CSP environment.
• At least one industry recognized certification (AWS, Azure, CCSP, CISSP, etc.).
• Experience with CSP log and monitoring solutions (e.g., AWS Cloud Watch, and Azure Monitor) Compensation:
• $80,000 - $85,000 w/ benefits - provided by Dice