Customer Support Specialist
Customer Support Specialist
We are looking to expand our Customer Support team by hiring a high-energy, solution-minded, smile-inducing Customer Support Specialist. Is that you?
AOEU is a revolutionary institution that was created to support art teachers no matter what level of expertise they have and the depth of learning they need. How do we do it? Through our fully online university, standards-aligned curriculum platform, and various professional development models – weekly magazine, conferences, personalized learning platform, courses, and social media content.
You are the person we need if you find joy in helping individuals find solutions to their problems. Our Customer Support Specialist will play a vital role in supporting the institution’s vast number of students and teachers with a variety of needs. This individual will be highly service-focused and thrives in engaging with and finding solutions in an effective and efficient manner. Exhibiting professionalism, thriving in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to problem solve quickly is essential to the success of this individual. Serving as the face of the institution, curating innovative and engaging customer experiences will be pivotal.
Structured as a remote, full-time salaried position. This position will report to the Lead Teacher Success and Support Manager.
This position is eligible to remote work from the following locations: USA.
Who We Are
AOEU is an art teacher’s partner for life. We provide art-specific professional development, an engaging curriculum, relevant resources, online graduate courses, and a rigorous master’s degree program.
We have been a 100% remote company since the beginning!
We grow amazing teachers by providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging professional development at every stage of their career.
- Respond to various avenues of inbound customer requests – email, live chat, phone, and support tickets in a timely and accurate way, seeking an empowering resolution.
- Communicate with and support customers with technical troubleshooting and product questions, investigating and escalating level 2 issues appropriately.
- Act as a cross-functional champion for internal initiatives that contribute to improved customer experiences and outcomes.
- Collect and analyze customer feedback to improve the customer experience.
- Authoring knowledge base articles and overseeing content in AOEU’s Help Center to ensure it is accurate, relevant, and up-to-date.
- Maintain and update the Customer Support Handbook documenting operational policies and procedures for the team.
- Conduct live, virtual training sessions for AOEU’s various SaaS Platforms.
- Train and guide teams of art educators to curate, plan, and optimize their PD and Curriculum implementation plans.
- Prepare learning material and evaluate results after each training session to optimize customer engagement and increase usage.
- Provide account and product support to customers in real-time to deliver a smooth onboarding experience.
- Technical mastery of AOEU products and services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to abide by the AOEU Pillars – Adult Culture, Ownership, Pace and Change, Abundance Mentality, Lifelong Learner, Pro Business, Whole Person, Communication, and Truth-Seeking.
- High aptitude for problem-solving and collaboration to effectively work with other departments in order to provide timely customer service and responses.
- Exhibit self-motivation, the ability to multitask, and pay close attention to small details while being able to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to handle complaints with ease while providing appropriate solutions and alternatives within reason to ensure resolution.
- Ability to evaluate current support processes, devise improvements, measure results, and identify more effective and time-efficient solutions.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work remotely.
- Other duties as assigned.
While we have identified specific requirements for this role, we acknowledge that not all candidates may possess every requirement listed. We encourage applicants who believe they possess the necessary skills and experience to apply, regardless of whether they meet each requirement to the fullest extent.
- Proven customer service and support experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in creating process documents and knowledge-base articles that are comprehensive, clear, and concise.
- Experience training individuals with a new product or technology is strongly preferred.
- An apt for using data to drive decision-making.
- Familiarity with Google Suite and CRM systems, such as HubSpot, preferred, but not required.
- Comfortability with technology and a multitude of tech platforms.
- A background in education is preferred.
- Ability to view computer screens for significant periods of time. The Art of Education University is an online university therefore 95-98% of one’s time will be on or using technology.
- Ability to use a laptop keyboard with accuracy.
- Ability to hear at normal levels and through electronic devices such as laptops, earbuds, phones, and the like.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Compensation and Benefits
- Health, dental, and vision plans with 100% premium coverage for individual employees, employer HSA contribution, and no waiting period (effective 1st month after hire)
- 401K plan with 4% match, no waiting or vesting period
- Unlimited self-managed PTO (15+ days/year encouraged)
- All federal holidays off + an end-of-year holiday shutdown
- Monthly mobile, internet, or coworking space stipend
- $600 home office equipment stipend
- Fully remote, flexible schedule
- 8+ weeks paid parental leave
- Lifelong Learning Fund for professional development and educational reimbursement
- Free product access (1 FLEX/PRO license to use or gift, plus free AOEU grad courses)
For additional information surrounding our offered benefits, visit our website.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and market. We encourage you to discuss your compensation requirements early in the process.
Applicants residing in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Cincinnati, Maryland, Nevada, Rhode Island, New York, Jersey City, or Washington may reach out to email@example.com for compensation details.
For most roles, the process is as follows:
- Step 1: ~30-minute phone interview with hiring manager
- Step 2: Round 2 packet & Interview
- Given that AOEU is 100% remote, this step is intended to see how you might work through some of the daily tasks, responsibilities, and challenges that could arise in this role. You will be given a prompt and be asked to complete an assignment which will then be used to guide a ~1-hour follow-up Zoom interview with 1-2 stakeholders. The intention is for you to get a sense of the role and give us an opportunity to see your skills in action. Your answers will not be used for any other purposes beyond evaluating your candidacy.
- Step 3: Follow-up interview
- For certain managerial or high-collaboration roles, you may be asked to participate in a final Zoom interview.
We look forward to reviewing your application! Thank you for your interest in opportunities with AOEU.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
NOTE: We strongly encourage you to apply through your personal email and to take the appropriate steps to allow list both The Art of Education University (@theartofeducation.edu) and Paycom (@paycomonline.com) domains so that you receive all emails related to your application process. We also encourage you to check your spam folder as emails from The Art of Education and/or Paycom can be marked as spam. Please reference these allow list of solutions to fix this problem.
The Art of Education University is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. The Art of Education University will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of actual or perceived age, race, color, national origin/ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Art of Education University is a participant of E-Verify.