OpenTable is growing quickly so come join us and participate in the excitement! The most important thing you can bring to this role is a real passion for helping people. While there is some technical nature to the role, if you have a knack for connecting to people and an aptitude for logical thinking, we can teach you the rest. If you come with some computer networking or technical knowledge, even better.
The goal is not to get the customer off the phone as fast as possible (unless that's what the customer wants). We expect you to go out of your way to not only fix the problem, but have the customer finish the conversation with a smile and with restored faith in OpenTable. Supporting both restaurants and diners so there is no script that can accomplish this - our customer base is diverse so you'll need to be able to adapt to their various styles accordingly. You will become our best marketing tool, and will help foster a prosperous relationship with both customers!
The right people for this role:
* Have an interest (or background) in the restaurant or hospitality industry
* It's certainly not mandatory, but we do appreciate any relevant experience
* Start every single day with energy and enthusiasm (even if it takes a few cups of coffee to get there)
* Ability to know what's right for the customers and our company, and will lobby to ensure both needs are met - even if it means digging deep to find creative solutions
* Love to tackle problems
* You're the one your family and friends call when their electronics are acting up, or when they need help getting new devices set up
* Would never lie to our clients just to make them happy
* Value your integrity, and respect the trust our customers place in OpenTable's products and brand.
* Enjoy the flexibility and challenges that come with a script free environment
* You use your experience and personality to provide excellent service
* Ambitious in your career
* Downtime means you get to learn something new, or find a better way to do something, rather than just sitting around
* Thrive on the opportunity to continually grow and improve
* You are not only receptive to feedback, but you actively seek it, and look for ways to implement it
Reporting to the Customer Support Supervisor, our Customer Support Representatives will be responsible for providing support to our customers, answering complex questions on function and usage of products via telephone, email and/or Internet. This person will be the primary contact for our customers in North America and the secondary contact for OpenTable customers worldwide with the goal of providing excellent service. (How cool that you might get to talk to someone in Australia?)
Shifts will begin no earlier than 6:00 AM and end no later than 8 PM, 7 days a week and best of all, our schedules are set (no weekly changes). During peak times/seasons, we may request that you work some overtime, but we'll always plan ahead to accommodate schedules as best we can. If a regularly scheduled working day falls on a holiday, you may also be required to work, at an increased hourly rate.
* Answer customer and employee calls, emails, community posts (and any future form of contact we may come up with)
* Provide outstanding service
* Know your limitations and when you should ask for assistance
* Own the resolution to the problem; don't leave the customer hanging
* Accurately and efficiently log all contacts in our CRM (Salesforce)
* Excellent social skills, with a bias towards customer service
* Strong communication skills: active listening, writing/typing, informal communication
* Speaking, reading and writing in English is required
* Restaurant/ hospitality experience (or even just being a "foodie") preferred
* 1+ years' experience providing customer support, by phone, email, preferably in a software support environment
* Experience using current Microsoft Windows operating systems
* Knowledge of iOS and Apple Hardware
* Experience with the use of support desk tools like Salesforce, Communities, live chat
* Proficient in English + Spanish, French, or German
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable's software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 2 billion diners in over 80 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders.
OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This is a full time non-exempt position and pays $19/hour. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits.