As a member of the Equipment Services team, an Equipment Customer Support role is responsible for executing all processes and procedures, learning all aspects of the business, and maintaining a strong customer focus. They receive, analyze, record, and process electronic/written communications, phone calls, and faxes. Requests may include general equipment questions, quoting, sourcing, placement of orders, status of orders, expediting orders, returns, or invoice questions. Interaction with UNFI field personnel, store managers, store owners, sales, store support offices, store team leads, internal subject matter experts, and suppliers to ensure customer requirements are being met. Fiscal year approximate sales volume is $2.5M+ per individual. Empowered to resolve and bring to closure customer inquiries and problems by using applicable information and tools while following guidelines of the department.Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares detailed quotes for internal and external customers, with specification sheets, and a selling approach where applicable requiring specific knowledge of functional area.
- Uses department tools to source equipment when required.
- Selects and places purchase orders through our suppliers using previously negotiated terms.
- Follows processes and procedures; provides fast, consistent, and reliable customer service.
- Empowered to receive, log, and troubleshoot all customer inquiries and issues through to resolution with some guidance and instruction.
- Maintains and updates purchase order records, system data, and documentation of supplies and materials with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Supports the department goals, objectives, and service level agreements/metrics to ensure service delivered meets or exceeds the needs of customer stakeholders and end-users.
- Answers phones from an automated call distribution system; directs/handles as appropriate.
- Is assigned key customer accounts to build partnership and sales of equipment.
- Performs other relevant job duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Management, or related field preferred, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- 1-3 years previous experience in Customer Service or Purchasing preferred.
- Aptitude for working in multiple different types of technologies.
- Oracle Financials or related ERP system a plus.
- Prior equipment knowledge a plus or exposure to related discipline with transferable skills.
- Detail oriented with robust ability to be organized.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment while being able to make sound decisions in-line with company objectives.
- Remain calm and maintain optimism, despite requests, while driving for positive encounters to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strong reading, writing, math, and communication skills with aptitude to sell services.
- Solid problem-solving skills which are customer focused and creative.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work alone and within a team environment.
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment with flexibility for some remote work with technology provided.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Some travel may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.