Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Are you at your best when you are building and maintaining relationships? Do you have a passion and thrive with all thing's technology?
Then you need to start an AMAZING career with Lumen by joining our Customer Success Academy (CS), a College Connect sales development program. Be a part of our sales team eco-system, transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. As a technology sales professional, on the Customer Success team at Lumen, you will assist our small-medium sized customers in meeting their business objectives by capitalizing on emerging applications and power the 4th Industrial Revolution(4IR), through a range of Lumen products and services.
**ABOUT THE CS ACADEMY EXPERIENCE:**
- 3-year development program
- Initial 10 weeks of virtual immersive training, coaching, and development
- Training class dates: February 7th - April 15th, 2022 (virtual, work from home)
- Develop key competencies including value-based selling, relationship management, sales technology, technical skills, and coaching
- Understand Lumen's AMAZING platform and full product and solutions portfolio to increase overall knowledge for go-to market strategies
- Network with academy peers, sales leaders, and business executives from across the organization
- Upon completion of training, transition to a Customer Success Associate role supporting a major sales market
- Continued support, development, and coaching in the field
**THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES**
- Serve as ambassador for customer success by viewing our products from the customers' perspective, monitoring early indicators of customer health, proactively addressing their concerns, and helping them better use our technology to meet their corporate goals/objectives
- Implement customer success plans using pre-defined, standardized journey maps/templates in setting customer expectations.
- Monitor customer usage data, using tools and technology for health indicators, renewal dates and translate into growth opportunities, priorities, decision making and a path for customer success
- Leverage and manage overall customer metrics
- Proactively communicate product enhancements, technology evolution and platform retirement using preformatted, digital messaging
- Upsell, Cross-sell and Sales Alignment - with established trust and loyalty, seek to naturally progress and expand the partnership through identifying potential up-sell and cross-sell opportunities and engage sales accordingly
- Partner with sales, delivery & support to set proper expectations and ensure successful deployment of solutions and services
**WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A CANDIDATE**
- Experience: new or recent graduate with 0-2 years
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree required
- Degree/Major: Business, Sales, Marketing, Communication or similar.
- Passion for learning technology; learn data networking technologies, products, and features
- Thrives with building and maintaining positive relationships
- Works to maintain organization, while having a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn various software, web-based platforms, and systems in accessing data
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Tableau
- Not afraid to take initiative to produce results
- You can adapt quickly in various situations and be resourceful
**WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT**
All candidates will be asked to complete a virtual video interview following the submission of your application. Please complete the video interview within 5 days of application for continued consideration in the program. This posting is to source a pool of talent for our upcoming July 2022 Customer Success- College Connect class.
Requisition #: 274811
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
SALARY MIN :
SALARY MAX :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional informationhere. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.