We’re Charlie and we exist to Make Work Better. We believe the best way to do this is by building a tool that democratises great HR for small businesses.
We’re looking for a Customer Success Associate to join our growing team – and help us to deliver world-class customer care and create delightful experiences for our users.
You’ll be responsible for managing a portfolio of Charlie’s customers, as well as working as part of a team, to ensure our customers have the best possible experience using Charlie and are set up for success.
Come on and join us to make work better!
What is a Customer Success Associate II ?
We have a clear career progression framework - IC1 is a junior Customer Success Associate, IC4 is a senior Customer Success Associate, and IC levels 2 and 3 cover that middle area.
For this role, we’re looking for a level 2.0 - 2.1 on this track.
In this role you will:
- Manage a portfolio of Charlie customers, responsible for their onboarding and setting them up for long-term success on the platform
- Conduct 1:1 calls with customers to improve feature awareness and adoption, and generate upsell revenue
- Run recurring, impactful webinars for our customers at scale, helping them to get maximum value from our product
- Play a pivotal role in our churn reduction strategy, through identifying new opportunities to deliver value to customers and enhance their experience
- Gather and report on customer feedback in order to increase our understanding of customer needs across the business (e.g. NPS, inbound live chat feedback, feature requests, churn feedback)
- Advocate for our customers and their needs internally, using data-backed insights
- Work collaboratively as part of a small and agile team, and develop strong relationships with other functions across the business (e.g. sales, product, marketing)
The Way We Work
How we're crafting ownership, belonging and structured flexibility:
- A team of 42 that genuinely enjoy spending time together, with regular in-person and remote events to foster connection
- 9 day fortnights; our adjusted work week. We have every other Friday off work and have a meeting-free Wednesday on the five-day weeks to give time for deep work
- Hybrid-first approach; we optimise for office and remote working to be valued equally, and to be equally valuable
- Live anywhere in the UK; we have 6 set days per year that we require the team to be together in our London office, but you have the flexibility to live anywhere in the UK
- 90 bookable "nomad working" days outside of the UK in any timezone each year
- No fixed working hours; you take ownership over how you get your work done
- An amazing office space in East London's pet-friendly Second Home, and membership access to their wider London and LA locations.
- “Exploration days” when you can work on whatever across the company
- We have review cycles 2x a year using our transparent career progression framework, and dedicated personal development time
You can find out more about the way we work at Charlie by checking out our Handbook here.
- A benchmarked salary from £39,500 - £45,000, based on your level within our progression framework
- £750 yearly Work Your Way budget (to put toward things like travel to London for company events, getting your home office setup and your L&D)
- £300 yearly nomad working budget (£200 of this can be used toward cost of living each year)
- £30 monthly wellbeing budget
- Private Health Insurance through Vitality
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays
- 4 bookable “Personal days” per year for when you can’t bring your full self to work
- A sabbatical of up to one month paid at 50% of salary, for every 3.5 years worked at Charlie.
- Enhanced Equal Parental Leave policy
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team.
We welcome all applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please let us know if you require anything which would enable your success throughout our interview process.Requirements
You must have:
- 2-3 years of customer success or account management experience within B2B tech/SaaS
- Experience providing customer success management to SMEs at scale
- A track record of upselling and cross-selling products or services
- Ability to present in front of multiple stakeholders - you can concisely and confidently articulate the value of our product via webinars and demos
- Strong commercial awareness, with an understanding of the SaaS B2B landscape - you’re revenue-driven and make decisions using data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you’re great at making concepts simple and easy to understand
- Empathy and the ability to build strong relationships, both internally and with customers
- An experimentation mindset - you’re not afraid to try new things, learn from experiences, and get “scrappy”
- Self-awareness and humility – you know that honest feedback is how you grow, and you’re not afraid to ask for help
Let us know if you have: (all of these are desirable, but none are required)
- Interest or background in HR/employee wellbeing tech
- Experience using Intercom for customer support, proactive messaging and reporting
- Experience using Hubspot, Heroku dataclips and CS tools
- Sales or SDR background
We will still consider applications even if you don't meet every single one of the above requirements, so don't be put off if you don't match them absolutely perfectly!
We cannot offer visa sponsorship and you must be able to work in the UK.