Knowledge Services is actively seeking Customer Service Representatives for 6+ month contract role with our client, the State of Ohio Jobs and Family Services Agency (JFS). This person will work with unemployment claims. This role is 100% remote but candidates MUST LIVE IN OHIO and be willing to pick up equipment in Columbus, OH.
Pay is $20.16/ hour
Full-time schedule only: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
- Build and maintain professional relationships with claimants, employers, and other adjusters.
- Record and transmit action taken on a claim to accurately determine claim status.
- Input and make corrections to unemployment claim information.
- Take calls and provide accurate, satisfactory answers to caller's queries and concerns.
- Deescalate situations involving dissatisfied callers offering patient assistance
- Guide callers through trouble shooting / navigation of the unemployment process.
- Utilize unemployment systems and software.
- Follow Federal, State, and ODJFS rules and regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Report to a Claims Supervisor.
- Complete initial and ongoing training as required.
- Perform fact-finding and investigate claims issues to determine appropriate action needed for claim resolution.
Candidate must be available M-F, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Must be able to drive to Columbus, OH to pick up equipment. Cannot use personal equipment. Equipment cannot be shipped
- 12+ months experience working in an office setting
- 3+ months of experience in customer service
- 3+ months experience in interviewing or questioning customers to solicit pertinent information in order to provide certain services
- Ability to collaborate with other call center staff to improve customer experience.
- Demonstrate skill to type data accurately using personal computer keyboard with typing speed of 25 net words per minute
- Demonstrate proficiency in using personal computer with windows application of 3.1 or equivalent
- Must have the ability / aptitude to attend online training sessions of pertinent material.
- Ability to follow directions to process unemployment claims.
- Ability to think logically and articulate clearly.
- Experience in a call center environment answering back-to-back timed telephone calls to gather information while simultaneously entering data into a computer system using a keyboard and mouse is preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Teams, and Skype for messaging, calls, and screen sharing is preferred
- Experience working in an office environment including completing forms, communicating with coworkers, and operating as part of a team is preferred
Remote Work Requirements:
- Access to high speed internet service
- Environment free from interruptions.
- Quiet environment and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Comfortable setting up computer equipment at home.