Description Job Description:
If you are a mortgage professional and enjoy working where you can make a difference helping homeowners, homebuyers and members of the lending industry while working from your home office, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Leidos is currently seeking customer service/contact center specialists to support the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of Single-Family Housing in their mission to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all.
You will be able to expand your knowledge of Federal Housing Administration (FHA) mortgage policies and procedures while enjoying excellent benefits and a 40-hour work week. There may be opportunities to work overtime, on a volunteer basis if you're interested.
Our Call Center is open from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time Monday through Friday. You must be available to work an 8 hour shift between these hours and be flexible with start and end times, to meet our customer's needs.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrued based on Leidos policy, up to 3 weeks a year
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance, 401K, Life, AD&D, Voluntary Disability plans
- Ongoing training to support your success
- Tuition reimbursement based on Leidos policy
- Discounted Leidos stock purchase and other Employee Discounts
This position is covered under the Service Contract Act and is subject to minimum wage requirements as well as the minimum Health and Welfare benefit. Leidos will ensure that all provisions are met through their wages and benefits.
The targeted rate for this position is $17 per hour but may be higher based on actual experience.
On the job, you will:
- Provide excellent customer service, responding to a variety of calls and emails from the lending industry and the public on FHA guidelines.
- Use a knowledge base and follow standard operating procedures (SOP) to respond to requests.
- Document your communications in our database.
- Keep up to date on FHA mortgage processes and procedures.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Three (3) years of mortgage experience with a minimum of two (2) years of college OR 5 years of mortgage experience in lieu of college.
- Minimum of two (2) years of customer service, call center, or contact center experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance, which includes a credit check and background investigation.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to navigate a content management system, other applications, and related web sites.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service, dependability, and time management skills.
- Keyboarding proficiency of at least 40 words per minute.
Other Preferred Quals
- Call Center (omnichannel) experience preferred a plus.
- Loss mitigation or loan servicer experience a plus.
- Ability to handle challenging situations and deliver difficult messages.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), verbal and written.
Pay Range - -