Summary of Job Responsibilities:
Provides prompt efficient service for assigned product and/or service center internal and external customers. Coordinates full communication between internal and external customers and Client. The following duties cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
1. Prepares all content and materials to support new and existing users and manage appropriate records.
2. Follows up with appropriate internal team members, typically a -, to resolve customer issues which stray from our intended experience.
3. Reviews and approves requests for credits and refunds. Requests additional information when necessary.
4. Compiles management information such as customers served, support inquiries received, response times and other activities as needed by internal management.
5. Communicates with customers, other departments, and external partners through oral and written communications. Maintains appropriate records.
6. Serves customers in accordance with government regulations, contract provisions, and internal procedures and controls.
7. Provides quality customer service by demonstrating and understanding customer needs and emphasizing timely responses.
8. Researches and corrects errors.
9. Demonstrates the initiative and flexibility to identify situations that require exception processing and seek alternatives from more experienced personnel.
10. Responsible for research and drafting of written responses to Client formal complaints.
11. Performs other duties as requested.
12. Ability to work most weekends, as well as some weekdays either in the morning (starting at 7am) and/or in the evenings (ending at approximately 7pm).
Experience: Four years work experience. Work experience with undergraduate studies preferred.
Knowledge: General office practices, customer service, and office equipment. Information systems and financial services industry practices preferred. Basic mathematics, familiarity with digital record keeping procedures, and problem-solving techniques..
Skills: Ability to prioritize own work within standards. Exceptional written and oral communication skills to interact with customers, team members, and management. Decision making skills necessary for customer contacts. Ability to identify and evaluate problems and analyze customer inquiries and determine the appropriate action. Decision making skills necessary for problem identification and correction. Ability to coordinate and conduct, direct or lead a project or the training of team members. Proven ability to operate a PC and learn new software programs. Strong customer-service orientation including high emotional intelligence.