Customer Service Associate, Baltimore, MD - Remote; Monday - Friday, 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM EST
Make A Difference For Those Who Make The World™
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 56,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
What You'll Do
The Stanley Black & Decker Storage Solutions Team of the Global Tools & Storage (GTS) Division is growing in dynamic new ways and we recognize that the right people, offering their expertise and ideas, will enable us to continue our success. Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's most recognized and trusted brand names. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service.
As a Customer Service Associate, you will support our Customer Service daily operational rhythms. This includes answering phone calls from customers, distributors and sales personnel, responding to email inquiries from general mailboxes and supporting manufacturing with order information.
Success in this role will include the ability to research answers using multiple resources to process inquiries in a timely manner. This individual will be required to work in a fast-paced environment, have an attention to detail and be well organized. In addition, must demonstrate proficiency in written and verbal communications, along with the ability to utilize, learn and adapt to business processes, product and technology. You'll get to:
* Provide a high level of customer service by always demonstrating dignity and respect to the customer
* Handles all requests and communication in a positive and professional manner.
* Consistently available to receive live calls from external/internal customers.
* Responds to voice call messages within two hours.
* Learn all Core and Assembled products of all three Storage Solution brands
* Fulfill customer requests for literature, product availability / information / part numbers, technical questions and pricing including variable dimension products. Refers caller to the Territory Sales Manager (TSM) or Tech Sales as appropriate. Handles shipment issues including freight calculations, expediting and collecting return authorization information
* Follow-up call to customer to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction has been achieved when applicable
* Work with other customer service representatives and actively offer and accept assistance when work volumes fluctuate to ensure adequate phone and email inquiry coverage
* Consistently active in identifying and communicating process problems, and communicating them to the department supervisor and manager
* Ability to independently answer technical questions regarding product specifications and component part numbers
* Entry of return/replacement orders into Concept/SAP
* Regularly update information on manufacturing, shipping, delivery and installation status in Salesforce.com, SAP and with appropriate sales personnel and customers.
* Enforce delegation of authority guidelines within the department and with the territory sales managers
* Support team goals and targets provided by supervisor and customer service director
* Promote team work and a positive work environment
* Alert team lead if workload assistance is needed
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
* High School Diploma/GED
* Associates Degree preferred
* Minimum 1+ years of Customer Service Rep. experience
* Minimum of 12 months in current role (internal applicant)
* Ability to navigate an ERP system
* Salesforce.com experience preferred
* Proficiency with MS Office with emphasis on Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Patience and a Positive Attitude
* Willingness to learn and take initiative
* Exercise good judgment
* Customer Focused
* Some travel is expected for this position.
What You'll Receive
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
* Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
* Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How You'll Feel
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
* Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
* Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
* Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
* Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.