Customer Experience Associate
- Location: Austin, TX
- Job Id: 5737
- # of Openings: 1
Note that this position is remote and candidates can work from anywhere in the USA.
Customer Experience Associate reports to Customer Experience Supervisor and will work directly with Natera’s internal and external, domestic and international customers consisting of medical professionals, patients, laboratory personnel, channel partners, supply chain personnel, and sales by obtaining and processing all required information to process patient genetic testing samples, reports, and billing.
- Deals directly with internal and external customers via telephone and electronic channels to obtain missing information needed for processing of submitted test samples based on assigned region. Necessary information includes:
- Patient contact and health information
- Physician and Clinic information
- Billing information or medical insurance information
- Requested tests to be processed
- Supports Sales team processing the following account requests
- Account Set Up forms
- Placing kit orders
- Processing orders for pre-filled requisitions
- Tracking International orders
- Respond promptly to internal and external customer inquiries and complaints regarding missing and delayed test samples and results reports
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and complaints
- Perform customer verifications
- Direct or escalate requests and unresolvable issues as needed
- Manage customers’ accounts, document all customer interactions, communications, actions taken, and follow ups
- Familiarity with all genetic tests performed by Natera, including samples needed, TAT to results, all required patient health information, proper completion of request forms, and required waivers.
- Set appointments for genetic counseling and mobile phlebotomy
- Assists with mentoring and training new employees
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
- High School degree or equivalent required;
- Two- or Four-year undergraduate degree or certification preferred;
- At least 2 years prior customer service experience;
- Multi-lingual skills are a strong plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Ability to analyze, escalate, or resolve customer questions within established protocols
- Must be adaptable. Show perseverance through regular change.
- Experienced with both phone and written customer support
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and protocols
- Knowledge of numeric, verbal, and written language applications
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite apps (drive, Gmail, g-docs, g-sheets)
- Excellence in attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism when communicating with customers
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Desk.com, LIMS, efax, secure email, and Great Plains OM
- Data gathering, sorting, maintenance, and analysis
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Generous Employee Referral program. Healthy catered lunches 3 times per week, and premium snacks! Additionally, we offer complimentary premium coffee drinks and teas, and other beverages.