Customer Experience Agent
at Rhino (View all jobs)
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives. Rhino has launched the industry’s first end-to-end deposit platform servicing all stakeholders in the rental ecosystem. Rhino is aggressively responding to the most pressing needs of renters and landlords alike and aims to service more than $45 billion in cash deposits and security deposit insurance for 43 million rental homes nationwide across the entire rental industry.
Our first product eliminates the need for a cash security deposit and puts money back in renters’ pockets with a technology-driven insurance product. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. In addition to our security deposit insurance, we also offer renters insurance. Our newest offerings include Rhino+, a cash deposit collection and compliance solution for landlords and property managers, and Credit+, which will provide renters at partner communities with a means to build credit through on-time rent reporting.
We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 2 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started
As a Customer Experience Agent, you’ll assume a critical role in supporting our Rhino customers in finding solutions for their Rhino needs. This is a fully remote position.
In this role you will:
- Respond to Rhino customer queries in a timely and accurate way via chat first then with email and phone call support.
- Identify customer needs and help customers use specific features.
- Analyze and report product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users).
- Update our internal databases with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers.
- Monitor customer complaints and reach out to provide assistance.
- Work cross functionally to share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members.
- Inform customers about new features and functionalities.
- Follow up with customers to ensure their issues are resolved.
- Gather customer feedback and share with our Product, Sales, and Marketing teams.
- Assist in training junior Customer Support Representatives.
- Leverage internal knowledge base to quickly respond to inquiries.
- Understanding of service technology for fielding customer requests.
- Experience in a high transaction volume environment.
We’re ideally seeking:
- Experience working in Zendesk required, live chat preferred
- Strong communications skills specifically on the phone and in writing.
- An expert communicator in both small-talk & high-pressure moments.
- Must thrive in dynamic environments. Driven to grow and take on new responsibilities.
- True team player. Open to accepting feedback to ensure the team’s success.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks.
- Flexibility – We are disrupting an industry so changes to traditional processes should be expected.
- Insurance Licensing: In your first two weeks of employment, you are expected to study for the P&C Licensing course.
Additionally, we are looking for:
- High-level professionalism: Rhino Customer Experience Agents are strategic thinkers that understand the big picture of where the organization is going and how all the different parts are interconnected.
- Technical knowledge: As a customer service professional, a Rhino Customer Experience Agent needs to be familiar with technical and industry knowledge in order to help customers make informed decisions and troubleshoot any issues. Agents should be up-to-date on all product processes, product and service usage, and company policies.
- Tenacity: As a Rhino Customer Experience Agent, tenacity is required to get the job done thoroughly and accurately.
- Positive attitude: For Rhino Customer Experience Agents a positive attitude keeps everyone trying new things, feeling brave about brainstorming new ideas, and makes people feel excited to go to work with their co-workers.
Compensation & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $55,000 – $60,000
Rhino has partnered with a number of compensation benchmarking tools to determine competitive and fair market pay bands for our size and stage. Our goal is to ensure each employee is paid equitably and competitively while also maintaining a consistent and standardized methodology. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors including qualifications for the role, experience level and balancing internal equity relative to other Rhinos. Base salary is just one part of our Total Rewards Package here at Rhino. In connection with this position, we also offer:
- Competitive cash compensation package including base salary, performance bonus, and other financial perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (90% employer contribution) – eligible from your start date
- Unlimited PTO Policy, quarterly team recharge days focused on mental and physical wellness
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Bi-annual performance reviews and ongoing professional coaching and development opportunities with external partners
- Remote-first work culture with opportunities to collaborate as a team in person
- Opportunities to participate in ongoing diversity, inclusion and equity programming or join an ERG
- 401(k), HSA, Life & Disability Insurance Coverage ($0 employee contribution for additional insurances)
- Monthly lifestyle stipend to fit your needs (meals, wellness, co-working)
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.