Customer Contact Center Representative – Remote
Together we fight for everyone’s opportunity for a better financial future.
We will do this together with customers, partners and colleagues. We will fight for others, not against: We will stand up for and champion everyone’s access to opportunities. The status quo is not good enough we believe every individual and every community deserves access to financial opportunities.
We are determined to support both individuals and communities in reaching a better financial future. We know that reaching this future depends on our actions today.
Like our Purpose Statement, Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with and those we acquire throughout our lives are understood, valued and intentionally pursued.
We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision.
What will you do:
Through inbound calls, you will be responsible for building relationships, educating our customers on their retirement plans and responding to customer inquiries on Retirement Products and Plans such as 401(k), 403(b), 457, 401(a).
Our focus is on delivering an outstanding experience for our customers through retirement financial advice and mentorship as we simply and efficiently explain product features and annuity plan concepts to customers, agents and beneficiaries. Don’t know anything about retirement? We’ll teach you everything you’ll need to know.
How we help you achieve this:
- Up to eight weeks of Paid Training preparing you to be successful in your job. Learning about Retirement Products (401(k), 403(b), 457, 401(a)) a foundation for career growth.
- Monthly 1:1 coaching sessions with your manager and team lead, team huddles and time at the start of your shift to prep for the day
- Learning and development opportunities through continuous training and investments in YOU. Grow and advance your career at Voya through intentional career paths as part of our Destination You career path program
What will your day look like:
- Communicates effectively and confidently with all clients to make their financial lives better. Assisting our customers with plan design inquiries, balance transfers, overall account information, loan requests and loan payments.
- Greet customers with awesomeness; building a sense of trust and confidence to help serve their needs and help them reach their retirement goals
- You will bring your authentic self to work.
- Strive for first call resolution, and take true ownership of customer needs and issues.
- Asking as many questions as you need to understanding the customers’ needs and priorities, and problem-solving in a metric driven environment
- Perform multiple tasks/navigate multiple systems simultaneously to service the customer’s account or troubleshoot their questions and issues
- See an opportunity, you will not be shy on letting us know how we can improve and streamline our business processes. Your voice matters at Voya.
- Amazing team-player attitude with a commitment to excellent attendance and quality work. We love to see you at work and miss when you are not there
Knowledge and Experience:
- College Degree and 1+ year of customer service experience
- Or, in lieu of degree, 3+ years customer service experience
- Experience in the Financial Service industry is a bonus but not required
- Care about customers! Has the ability to engage with customers, build rapport, share and inform, and handle objections as they come up
- Proficiency with basic computer functions including mouse and keyboard usage, launching applications and navigating multiple systems preferred
- Strong learning agility; flexible and adaptable to learning new things and then apply that learning to perform successfully in the role in a fast paced, metric driven environment
- Availability to work any shift within the Monday through Friday operating hours of 7:30 am 10pm EST
- Bi-Lingual opportunities, with a $3,000 pay differential. Let us know if you are Bi-Lingual
What we offer you:
- At Voya, we pay competitive base salaries based on experience and reward performance with a monthly incentive program
- Bi-Lingual opportunities, with a pay differential, are available upon the completion and passing of an assessment
- Generous paid time off upon hire. 20 days PTO, 9 paid holidays, choose your own Diversity Day and 40 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings- 401(k) Matching and Pension Plan
- Paid Training, and Full Benefits with no waiting period; Monday Friday Only, Referral bonuses, Performance Incentives
- Employee Led Councils (ELCs). We have eleven ELCs that play an important role in welcoming and educating our workforce as well as being a vital resource to help advance the business. The ERGs frequently co-sponsor diversity-related educational events across our system in conjunction with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
Compensation Pay Disclosure:
Voya is committed to pay that’s fair and equitable, which means comparable pay for comparable roles and responsibilities.
The below annual base salary range reflects the expected hiring range(s) for this position in the location(s) listed. In addition to base salary, Voya offers incentive opportunities (i.e., annual cash incentives, sales incentives, and/or long-term incentives) based on the role to reward the achievement of annual performance objectives.
Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Voya Financial is willing to pay at the time of this posting.
Actual compensation offered may vary from the posted salary range based upon the candidate’s geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Be Well. Stay Well.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That’s why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.
What We Offer
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time 40 hours per calendar year
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.