This position is remote within our NC, SC, VA footprint. Although this position is primarily remote, there are occasional events and meetings that may require you to work on-site at one of our Truliant locations. Purpose of the Job
The Curriculum Developer role encompasses a primary role of developing content for the Training dept. and a secondary role of participating on the Employee Engagement Team.
The Curriculum Developer portion of this role acts as the liaison between Training, subject-matter experts and business units. The main responsibilities will include transforming information into consistent and viable training documentation/materials to be delivered in a variety of mediums. The documentation/materials created will translate complex information and terminology on our core application systems, work flows, and end user usability information into simplified language that meets the needs and abilities of the intended audience. This role will serve as the voice of the end-user. It will create operating instructions and formulate job aides that support processes and procedures, product deployment, system updates, system enhancements and general changes at Truliant in a way that assists staff with executing effective and efficient transactions that promote the mission of the organization.
The Employee Engagement portion of this position is responsible for contributing to day-to-day operations of the Employee Engagement Team under the supervision of the Operations Coordinator, Organizational Development & Training. This position will be responsible for contributing to planning, organizing and executing all activities and events to promote a team spirit and employee engagement throughout the organization. This includes the annual staff events of TruFest and Employee Appreciation Week and many other events that occur throughout the year.Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes materials and completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Proactively seeks ways to make communications, instructions, FAQ, etc. concise and simple for the end user considering the needs and abilities of the audience.
- Develops and communicates comprehensive training plans outlining approach, resources, delivery dates etc. of training initiatives to appropriate business units, subject-matter experts and/or project leads.
- Maintains records and files of work and revisions.
- Identifies opportunities where the core system can be leveraged to support daily functions, business objectives and goals more effectively and efficiently.
- Edits, standardizes or makes changes to material prepared by other writers or established personnel.
- Confers and develops effective relationships with business units, subject matter experts, and training staff to determine subject material to be developed for publishing.
- Reviews published materials, and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, and content.
- Selects screen prints, diagrams and charts to best illustrate materials.
- Determines the most effective delivery method of training materials to promote adult-learning concepts.
- Masters online self-authoring tools such as Articulate to produce high-quality e-learning.
- Assures that the process established for core application change control has been adhered to.
- Works collaboratively with the Operations Coordinator to maintain and respond within established standards to training requests through KBOX.
- Performs testing of core systems and applications including the development of effective test plans and analysis of testing results.
- Participates in and contributes to assigned projects adhering to the Project Management Methodology of Truliant.
- Contributes and supports all company-wide employee engagement activities and events with the assistance of the Employee Engagement Team.
- Assists in coordinating event logistics, including attendee tracking, pre- and post-event evaluations, visits venues to plan layout and edit and designs promotional materials.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Performs all functions and responsibilities of Training and Development Specialists when needed.
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Must have working knowledge and a demonstrated understanding of all core business applications used within the credit union, as well as a current understanding of how the core business applications are configured, and are being used by respective business units
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must have ability to manage own time and the time of others
- Must have ability to understand all business processes within the credit union, as well as understanding the underlying technologies supporting those business processes.
- Must have an understanding of project planning and how to conduct projects within the Project Plan Methodology of Truliant
- Must have good interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature, flexible, compassionate
- Must be skilled at interviewing, listening, observing, and modeling
- Must have strong PC skills, with proficiency of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required, with the ability to research issues, summarize findings, and make meaningful recommendations
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as required
- Must be able to complete all assignments with minimal supervision
- Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent service to Truliant's members, both internal and external
Education and Background
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time in order to conduct training sessions
- Occasional walking, bending, and stooping required
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and use a computer
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds
- Bachelor's degree with beginner knowledge in project methodology, technical writing, business/systems analysis and integration or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years previous training or financial services experience required
- 2+ years experience with knowledge and learning management systems and programs like Camtasia, Articulate, Lectora and other such programs required
- Experience with FISERV applications preferred
- Project management experience preferred