SMX has an opportunity for a Cost Analyst Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Huntsville, AL providing on-site support to the Future Long Range Assault Aircraft Project Office, a U.S. Army ACAT I Project Management Office.
The Cost Analyst SME will be focused on providing updates to the current cost position and government estimate as well as supporting analysis of submissions by vendors. The ideal candidate must be proactive and have the demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment or proactively as an individual focused on mission execution.
As the Cost Analyst SME, you will provide input and recommendations for cost estimating and budget activities, inclusive of all program life cycle phases IAW applicable DoD Directives, Army regulations, and policies.
The following cost estimating and budget activities are included in this effort:
- Drafting Independent Government Estimate
- Drafting Independent Cost Analyses
- Program Office Estimates
- Cost Analysis Requirements Description
- Analysis of Alternatives
- Cost estimating activities in support of the following representative areas:
- Cost/acquisition teams
- Design-to-Cost reviews
- Source Selection Evaluation Boards
- Army acquisition process, to include Operating and Support (O&S) and Life Cycle
- Cost/Total Ownership cost activities
- Cost research projects to develop estimating techniques for new state-of-the-art technology
- Operations research analysis in support of cost effectiveness related studies, such as:
- Milestone Reviews
- Life-Cycle Cost/Design-to-Cost
- O&S Cost Reduction Analysis
- Cost Risk Evaluation
- Technical Risk Evaluation
- Warranty Cost Effectiveness Analysis
- Cost Estimating Relationship Methodologies
- Budget Preparation Support
- Earned Value Management
- Estimates at Completion
- Analysis of variance reports
- Business Case Analysis
- Perform risk analysis and develop program risk assessment consistent with price, Contractor capabilities, emerging technologies, Contractor cost performance, schedules and integration requirements, and incorporate Contractor cost performance information into cost estimating methodologies consistent with latest reports.
- Utilize the Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tool (ACEIT) to support the PM’s estimating efforts.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Clearance Required: Secret
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of experience
- Must have extensive experience developing Cost Estimates, conducting Cost Analysis, and supporting a DoD Acquisition Project Office
- Must have familiarity working with ACEIT
- Must have strong collaboration skills
- Must be able to telework effectively within the Redstone Arsenal, Alabama area
- Advance Degree preferred and expected for a fully qualified Subject Matter Expert
- Expertise with ACEIT