Dover Motion is seeking a self-directed and motivated Cost Accountant to join our collaborative and fast paced manufacturing environment. This individual will be responsible for all facets of Cost Accounting, including Costing, Inventory Valuation, and facilitate completion of monthly close procedures, including but not limited to preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and cost variance analysis. nments. To be successful, this person needs to have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a bias for action, a great propensity to learn, the willingness to grow, and have a mindset for continuous improvement.
- Be the analytical lead in accounting for standard cost update, cycle counting, E&O, expenses, and audit self-testing; serve as the finance partner with supply chain team and other departments internally.
- Support Supply Chain with timely manufacturing cost-related activities (part activation, BOM review, item costing, inventory analysis).
- Prepare and complete closing, reconciliation, and local reporting requirements for Costing.
- Other Responsibilities, Tasks and Projects as assigned by the Finance Director.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent, finance/accounting degree preferred.
- 5+ years total professional work experience, manufacturing or financial environment preferred.
- 3+ years related professional experience with inventory costing and accounting.
- Intermediate/advanced Excel capabilities required.
- Proficiency with Oracle enterprise or similar financial accounting system.
- Adaptable to changing methods, processes and environments.
- High attention to detail with focus on accuracy, business acumen, Excellent verbal/written skills.
- Capable of self-scheduling diversified workload to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees, management, and external parties such as suppliers.
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative to meet strict deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
- Cost accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- ERP systems: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location