The newly formed Corporate Strategy and Innovation team at Mutual of Omaha plays an essential role in keeping the company moving in the right direction by spearheading innovation, intelligent automation, and transformational projects on behalf of our customers and across Mutuals diverse businesses. Our team not only helps traditional business models evolve; we pioneer new ways to steer the enterprise forward capitalizing on both organic and inorganic growth levers. We are trailblazers in collaboration, working closely with internal business leaders and a strong external network of startups, investment bankers, and industry-thought leaders/academics to find new ways to reinvent and energize the business.
Our multi-disciplined professionals explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models, develop and execute action plans to drive tangible growth and business transformation. The team serves as critical thought partners to our senior leaders and the broader organization to galvanize our teams around common goals. Our team is driven to acquire and develop high-octane talent for the company in order to build next-generation alumni to go on to leadership roles within Mutual's functions and businesses. With top talent and the DNA to catalyze action, the Strategy and Innovation team will help chart Mutual's path forward!
Leads and directs the strategic design, planning and communication of strategic plans and vision to key business partners and
leaders across the company. Collaborates and leads cross-functional teams through strategic planning and process improvement activities, gathering insights and analytics to solve strategic and operational challenges. Develops innovative business models designed to increase effectiveness within the organization and creating value for our customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Drives analytical workstreams to help identify, evaluate, and catalyze action against critical priorities.
- Supports the development of long-term organizational strategy, annual planning and portfolio analysis processes.
- Responsible for the management and participates in the development of Strategy Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) in order to facilitate analysis and reporting of performance against strategic objectives
- Formulates as well as assists with the company strategies to diversify in new complementary markets and products.
- Researches, gathers and analyzes crucial insights and benchmarking such as competitor performance, operational performance, innovations, and markets from various internal and external sources.
- Provides internal consultancy by collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders and supporting cross-functional teams in the development and/or execution of business-wide strategies and/or actionable competitive initiatives.
- Assist and may lead process improvements/strategic planning discussions; applies cutting edge principles, theories, concepts and technologies to solve strategic and operational challenges.
- Plans, implements and manages Corporate Strategy and Business Unit generated projects. Develops and presents recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in business? or related field or equivalent business experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in business administration, management consulting or strategic planning.
- Demonstrated experience in providing business unit driven consultancy, solutions, support or service.
- Self-directed and has a bias toward action.
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret, utilize significant data to translate raw information/data to make sound business decisions and/or formulate actionable strategies and initiatives.
- Natural collaborator with an ability to establish and maintain lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities; ability to clearly communicate. compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners.
- Ability to influence different levels across the organization.
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and prioritize in a fast paced, changing environment.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry and/or financial services would be beneficial, but the individual may have experience across a variety of industries.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Minimum: $69,957 MidPoint: $90,944 Maximum: $111,931
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, youll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here youll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the companys exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.