Vallen's Corporate Account Specialist (CAS) is an individual contributor responsible for the sale of MRO products and services to Vallen's Corporate Account customers and any Strategic Account customers as assigned. Corporate Account Specialist's manage a customer portfolio of assigned accounts, and are responsible for the account strategy, focusing on growth, profitability, and customer satisfaction. They operate within an assigned sales territory with a strategic focus on increasing Vallen's market share and profitability inside of their customer portfolio. They sell solutions by presenting broad based consultative insight into key solutions, services, products, or combinations of each in accordance with Vallen's Solution Selling sales strategy. Corporate Account Specialist's create solutions to solve customers' real - world challenges and concerns while developing and fostering long-term customer relationships.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sells solutions/services/products to customers, focusing on volume growth, mix and profitability targets for product groups, with a primary focus on Vallen's Core Blue product lines.
- Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full solutions/services/products offering, and align to provide a solution. Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Meets and exceeds both qualitative and quantitative sales goals on a consistent basis.
- Identifies and documents Vallen's Value to strategic and corporate customers, utilizing Vallen's Value Plus Program
- Ensures customer liabilities are met at the customer level
- Manages quarterly business reviews at the customer level
- Creates added value for the customer and Vallen, ensures the successful outcome of transactions, contracts, and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicates details in accordance with Vallen offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions).
- Monitors competitors' activity with the account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented. Gives input on market price developments.
- Prepares quotations, credit terms, and sales/service contracts. Prepares offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or marketing. Ensures appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Business, Supply Chain Mgt, Marketing, Finance, etc.) and 3+ years of outside or inside experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant experience should include:
- The attitude, drive, and aptitude to develop, grow and manage an assigned customer portfolio with strategic focus on increasing Vallen's market share and profitability. Demonstrated ability to set profitable sales goals.
- Ability to present to C-level customers using awareness, judgment, and quick decisions skills to identify and loop in relevant stakeholders, proficient in presenting to various levels within a customer or vendor's organization.
- Willingness to gain a deep understanding of customers' business and the fortitude to inspire customers to explore opportunities beyond what they are currently doing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of products and solution-based sales life cycles and best-in-class processes.
- Ability to analyze data from multiple tools to gain understanding and achieve goals.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong planning, organizational, time management, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Quality mindset with strong attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Demonstration of accounting or general business financial awareness and knowledge.
- Strong analytical skill necessary to compile data from multiple tools.
- Proficiency with MS-Office products (PPT, Excel, Word) and the technical aptitude to learn all company specific programs and software applications.
- Excellent professional attitude and sales integrity.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA , part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook ,
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.