As a member of our growing Marketing team, the Copywriter will be responsible for storytelling and narrative building on Newsela.com and other assets, copyediting, and reviewing and editing marketing copy. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand & Creative Services, the Copywriter will ensure voice and tone of content is in brand voice. As a member of the Brand & Creative Services team, you will partner closely with Newsela’s Marketing department to bring Newsela’s brand to life in new and exciting ways.
Why you’ll love this role:
- You will be the brand voice for Newsela copy and create assets for educators
- You will learn about creating impactful brand copy, and guidelines. from senior brand creatives
- You will work in partnership with Senior Manager, Creative Services to develop new ideas and concepts
- You will have a direct impact on how our customers perceive Newsela, they’ll contribute to our customers’ brand experience, and help enable customers to use our product well
Why you’re a great fit:
- You have 2+ years of copy writing and editing experience
- You have experience storytelling and narrative building for educators
- You are proficient in copy editing for marketing copy
- You have experience with Google Suite
- While not required, agency or internal agency/marketing experience preferred, and a background in education technology is a plus
Base compensation range: $70,000 – $80,000. Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that’s personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote – tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.