About Guaranteed Rate:
We're Guaranteed Rate, the 5th-largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. with more than $73 billion in loans funded in 2020 alone. We're based on a philosophy that We Grow For Good and that the more we grow, the more we can help people-and we've been growing exponentially by partnering with the best real estate agents, hiring the best people, and offering industry-leading tech, low rates and the highest level of customer service. Headquartered in Chicago, our 9,000 employees are in every state across 350 offices. We know anything is possible as long as you believe. Do you believe you're a perfect fit? We'd love to hear from you.
What's the Role?
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated Underwriter to join our innovative and passionate team.
* As an Underwriter you will be responsible for but not limited to the underwriting of residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and investor standards
* A Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for examining loan documentations for accuracy and completeness while working with loan originator or production staff to secure all required documents
* Mortgage Underwriters may be involved in one or several types of mortgage lending (conventional, government-backed, etc.)
* You may be required to work with more senior mortgage underwriters on loan exceptions having the authority to withdraw and decline loans
* You may also be required to respond directly to individual and investor audits
* Includes all levels of underwriting authority and exception levels
* 5+ years of mortgage underwriting experience
* 3+ years of Conventional underwriting experience
* Experience with underwriting to multiple lender guidelines and requirements
* Knowledge of Fannie Mae/DU and Freddie Mac/LP guidelines and automated underwriting systems
* Critically examine credit, income and asset documents and review title policy and appraisals
* Encompass and GUS experience are preferred
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason, as protected by law. #LI-OD1