100% REMOTE!!! BASE + BONUS + UNLIMITED OT + BENEFITS
This Jobot Job is hosted by Gary Morgan
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary $50,000 - $70,000 per yearA Bit About Us
We're looking for a Mortgage Loan Jr. Underwriter, you will be responsible for approval/decline of decisions on incoming mortgage applications consistent with internal, client and investor policies/guidelines. Underwriters are responsible for analyzing the employment profile, credit strength, property characteristics and all other information pertinent to the credit decision process on each mortgage application, as presented by the broker.Responsibilities
- Apply internal guidelines and investor guidelines to the credit decision process.
- Prioritize deals in workflow queue in order to minimize turnaround time.
- Utilizing the underwriting system, input selected conditions, credit information, property details and borrower information.
- Verify accuracy of supporting employment, down payment, appraisal and financial documentation received.
- Review documentation to compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines.
- Correspond with processors to attain outstanding documentation needed to complete requirement as stipulated on the commitment.
- Correspond with loan officers if necessary to answer questions or resolve confusion, quickly.
Why join us?
- Full time direct hire position
- Competitive salary
- Overtime available
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick days
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of this position. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Over 1 year experience in mortgage processing and/or underwriting
- Ability to underwrite loans at a national level and in all markets.
- VA - Lender Appraisal Processing Program (LAPP) and/or Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR) designation(s) a plus
- Experience with Desktop Underwriter (DU) or comparable automated underwriting system required.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of Mortgage Originations systems.
- Advanced analysis skills in the areas of credit, layered risk, and income
- Excellent computer skills required including proficiency with originations systems and Microsoft Office products. Encompass experience is a plus.
- Ability to pass a background check, credit check and drug screening.
- Applicants must be willing to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of overtime and weekend rotations.
PLEASE SEND THE FOLLOWING TO AFTER YOU APPLY DIRECTLY Please send current resume Please send availability for 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager Please send to
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.