Maven is looking for a VP, Controller. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will have overall responsibility for the global accounting function, playing a critical role in establishing an accounting group that can scale and manage increased complexity through Maven Clinic’s next phase of transformation and growth. The VP, Controller will be primarily responsible for the execution of all aspects of accounting including: month-end/quarter-end/year-end close, technical accounting, debt & equity accounting, billings and collections, M&A and integration, financial reporting, financial controls, payroll, tax, and audit. This is a key partner to the CFO and the business who will ensure the ongoing development and management of the team, people, processes, financial systems, financial reporting, and analytics for Maven Clinic.
The ideal candidate has deep experience in healthcare technology and accounting, potentially starting their career at a Big 4 public accounting firm. You understand the requirements and complexities of rigorous financial reporting and controls. You have scaled an accounting organization in the past, and enjoy the rapidly evolving nature of start-up life. You are always looking for more efficient ways to do things, and believe that the finance team’s role should be to enable business growth.
As a Controller, you will:
- Drive operational excellence and efficiency through Maven’s accounting operations, revenue operations, systems and processes through cross-functional change management and leadership
- Develop, maintain, and enhance accounting policies and internal controls, and ensure ongoing company-wide compliance
- Produce the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and ensure an accurate and timely monthly accounting close
- Build and enhance international finance operations to support company growth
- Manage the annual independent financial audits
- Develop a systems, tools and processes roadmap that will enable greater productivity across the accounting and finance organization
- Mentor and develop a geographically-dispersed team with an emphasis on performance, accountability, growth and career advancement, and diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Manage and optimize Maven’s tax structure globally
- Previous experience as a Controller or in a senior finance leadership role with steady career progression is highly desirable, with related digital health tech experience a must
- Public accounting foundational experience, preferably Big 4; highly skilled at technical accounting with a comprehensive understanding and application of US GAAP
- A data-driven, strategic-thinker and problem-solver who can quickly assess and make decisions and achieve deliverables that will create the biggest, scalable impact in a high-growth, evolving environment
- Proven track record of managing and building teams, attracting and developing high-performing talent; strong and empathetic people leader with the ability to mentor a team
- Demonstrated experience managing audit and supporting tax engagements using internal and external resources
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interface with and influence at all levels across the organization
- Operates with a strong sense of urgency, energy and enthusiasm. Leads with a passion to fulfill the shared mission and vision of the organization. Effective in a very fast-paced environment.
- Public company and IPO experience are a plus
For candidates in NYC, CO, or CA the salary range for this role is $230,000 - $285,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive a bonus, stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.