Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to large, Fortune 100 enterprises with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.8 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
This is an engagement through Upwork’s Hybrid Workforce Solutions (HWS) Team. Our Hybrid Workforce Solutions Team is a global group of professionals that support Upwork’s business. Our HWS team members are located all over the world.
- The Platform team at Upwork supports every step of the software development life cycle for hundreds of microservices: development, release, deployment, and runtime operation.
- The current platform version is in deep maintenance mode. We have started working on a new version of Platform, based on the latest Cloud Native components and principles.
- Engineers on the platform team are responsible for implementing parts of the new Platform version and maintenance of the existing architecture and supporting the existing ecosystem of tooling and automation.
Must Haves(Required Skills):
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Hands-on experience with Docker
- Ability to write clean and correct code
- Able to work during Pacific Standard Timezone business hours for 40 hours a week
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes / EKS
- Hands-on experience with ArgoCD
- Hands-on experience with Python language
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.