The Planet Group was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Our brand has a global presence and is comprised of eight recruitment companies that serve clients across the professional services sector.
We built our organization to provide high-value, outsourced human capital solutions and expert consulting services within the life sciences, diversified energy, engineering, financial, healthcare, IT, and digital marketing industries.
Due to our continued success and growth we have an immediate opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join our Birmingham, London or Harlow office on a permanent basis. (Initially homeworking) You will play a key role in our team, developing your skills and experience providing financial support across the group.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintain bank activity / upload bank statements
* Bank reconciliations / posting bank transactions in WorkDay
* EIB reconciliations / uploads into WorkDay
* Apply client payments in WorkDay
* Oversight and posting of payments in WorkDay to contractors and vendors / umbrella companies
* Complete bill / pay audits (comparison of hours and expenses paid vs. billed to ensure they reconcile)
* Assist with month-end close (i.e., journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations, etc.)
* Various special ad-hoc projects (i.e., P&L analysis, report creation, spreadsheets, etc)
Key Skills Required:
* 3 to 5 years of related accounting experience
* Previous experience working with WorkDay financials is desired
* Previous experience in a service based business preferred but not required
* Strong organizational skills and experience with fast-paced environment
* Accounting / finance degree highly preferred (business degree would be acceptable)
* Ability to demonstrate advanced excel skills
* Ability to catch on quickly and work independently
If you would like to find out more, please get in touch with Ryan Deeble for a confidential conversation
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website