Contract Director – IRM – Amazon
Location – National
A quick look at the role:
The Contract Director will provide first class customer service to IRM’s largest client and one of the largest accounts in the Industrial and Commercial Division. The role will see the successful candidate provide operational support and direction to a team (indirect), of 20 Contract Managers responsible for the management of waste and resource services on individual Amazon sites.
The Contract Director will also be responsible for strategically growing the account through innovation on existing legacy sites and through successful mobilisation of new, upcoming sites.
Key strategies and financial reports will need to be delivered to both internal and external stakeholders and there will be a frequent requirement to present to boardroom audiences.
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted:
- Lead the thinking and planning to ensure delivery of growth within the account, shape business objectives through rigorous planning, execution, communication and continuous evaluation. Close coordination, planning and presenting to internal stakeholders.
- Oversee equipment governance, suitability and reliability. Control of subcontractor to ensure costs are challenged and in line with the contract SLA. Lead the mobilization of waste eqpt on new Amazon sites ensuring it is fit for purpose. Ensuring upsell opportunities are developed and delivered through mobilization to ‘go live’ and beyond.
- To control and review financial and operational performance for the account, overseeing operational activities, to deliver a profitable account which exceeds budget with best in class customer service standards. Managing financial performance reporting, budgeting and forecasting to required deadlines.
- Provide clear leadership across all sites within the account and develop the contract management team; inspiring people to work in a unified approach to achieve business and client objectives; manage team and individual performance to provide excellent business results.
- Responsible for developing operational strategies and delivering new products and services, within agreed parameters.
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa:
You’ll be joining a growing company that is already an industry leader and has a clear purpose.
We have a collaborative and inclusive culture.
Very competitive salary and bonus scheme.
Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
Generous pension scheme.
Medical and dental scheme.
Retail and leisure discounts.
Holiday and travel discounts.
Plus much more……
Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 10,000+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management.
Dedicated to diversity.
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Biffa; we believe different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds are key to developing a creative and effective working environment that represents our communities and generates the best outcomes for colleagues, customers and stakeholders, which is why you’ll find us championing diversity, equity and inclusion at every turn.Requirements
Here’s what we require:
- Extensive management experience of a B2B service delivery area.
- A track record of positively impacting commercial and operational performance.
- Experience of working in the Waste Industry and a CPC/CoTC would be desirable.
- Strong experience of profit and loss management and budgeting.
- Commercial background is ideal.
- Knowledge of commodity pricing and its influences.
- Knowledge and understanding of change management processes.
- Experience of contractual interpretation and delivery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to provide industry-leading service to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in people management with the ability to inspire, lead and engage to progress performance forward.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Computer literate to a high level – comfortable using business software and Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint to a high standard.
- Full, clean and Valid UK Driving Licence.