Content Writer-Editor Contractor
Love writing and working on exciting new projects? We’re looking for you!
Endgame360 is a digital media company dedicated to providing audiences the information they want in an entertaining way. We want readers to save time and live more, so we closely follow, research, and write about a variety of topics.
We are looking for a Contract Content Writer/Editor to join our team and work on a new exciting project. This position will start as a 90-day engagement with the option to extend. Endgame360 is known for its entertaining lifestyle coverage, and you could be part of our team dedicated to having fun together while helping us maintain our historical backlog of successful articles on Showbiz Cheat Sheet, Motorbiscuit, and Sportscasting.
As Contract Content Writer/Editor you will:
- Report to the VP, Operations and work closely with SEO Manager and Editorial.
- Identify former top-performing articles in the organic search space through the specified criteria.
- Manage a complex and dynamic editorial process, aligning with our company and editorial flywheels, assuming responsibility for the performance of all historical content.
- Demonstrate passionate ownership of our content and its success, both at a macro level and down to the individual article.
- In conjunction with the Search Product Manager, shape and drive the vision and product strategy for maintaining our historical content.
- Analyze site data and collaborate with the VP of Product and Search Product Manager to make data-driven decisions and drive/implement editorial strategy.
- Set ambitious goals for increasing page views (PVs) for all historical articles you edit and troubleshoot any articles that do not increase in PVs.
- Maintain a tracking system to analyze, discover, edit and monitor articles that are managed through your process. This includes a 30, 60, and 90-day report of all articles.
- Take responsibility for any performance issues within your log of articles and proactively work towards resolving those issues.
- Collaborate with the tech team and other departments as needed to achieve site and company goals.
- Constantly evaluate the Editing workflow process and come up with solutions/ideas for optimizing the process while maintaining high-quality articles.
- Identify needs, resources, and roadblocks for your process and suggest solutions/ideas for them to your manager and team.
- Work cross-functionally with operations and editorial to execute goals.
- Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding environment.
What makes Endgame360 great?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with more than 90 million monthly readers.
- We are a tightly-knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be an expert in the field. We have a collaborative culture driven by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, rapidly growing company.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can work from wherever you want in your hometown (or during travel!) and collaborate with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- 2+ years of digital media experience, including content management and content editing.
- Be a team player with the ability to bring a problem-solving approach to the role.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media industry, SEO best practices, production techniques, and future opportunities.
- Experience analyzing data in Google Analytics or other content analytics tools. Experience with Botify a plus.
- Outstanding communicator – both oral and written, with the confidence, maturity and collaborative skills to establish relationships at all levels and across all functions of the organization.
- A deep understanding of what makes our evergreen content work in the Search environment — and the skills to implement that knowledge when editing your backlog of articles.
- A background in and passion for content editing.
- Experience using WordPress or another CMS.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to the varying and ever-changing demands of the job.
- The ability to build strong relationships and work closely with a team of remote employees.
- Excellent organizational, project management, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a virtual environment.