Content Video Editor (Contract/Freelance)
New York, New York, United States
WaitWhat is creating the most valuable independent portfolio of premium content IP that elevates human potential with a contrarian strategy to scale.
Downloaded more than 130 million times, WaitWhat’s media properties have defined new genres in the areas of business (Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman), wellness (Meditative Story) and creativity (Spark & Fire). In everything WaitWhat creates, it aims to share hard-won wisdom from the most iconic people of day, to newer voices, sparking curiosity and helping us live at the top of our potential.
Founded by June Cohen and Deron Triff the former TED execs who launched TED Talks and led the media organization for a combined 17 years WaitWhat’s approach to content is unique in the industry, with a passion for inventing new business models and building inventive partnerships. Learn more about WaitWhat >>
We’re looking to hire a versatile, talented, and strategic contract Content Video Editor to create best in class video content across our popular series (Masters of Scale, Meditative Story, Spark & Fire, etc.) at WaitWhat.
The candidate should have a deep appreciation for and experience with visual & audio storytelling. This position is self-starting and requires the individual to bring their own creative interpretation and ideas, while remaining true to the editorial guidelines of each property.
- Work closely with the marketing and production teams to help adapt our podcast content into short form, native video formats and ensure successful, high-quality video deliveries.
- Edit and finalize short-form video projects and visually on-brand content for social media channels including but not limited to TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, X/Twitter, LinkedIn, and newsletters.
- Embrace new and innovative ways to tell stories across the WaitWhat properties’ social channels.
- Curate, source, and organize any assets required for final video delivery e.g. music, SFX, design, b-roll.
- Apply basic graphic elements to videos, using brand guidelines defined by the WaitWhat design team.
- Apply captions to videos, and work with the WaitWhat team to ensure accurate captions are applied to all video content.
- Provide post-production services including, but not limited to, color correction, audio cleanup and light mixing, assistant editing duties, general media management (transcoding, asset curation, etc.), various platform deliveries.
- Receive and prioritize all inbound video editing requests. Clearly identify each requirement and specifications for delivery, working with the requester to clarify needs and appropriate deadlines.
- Complete projects with quick turnaround times while ensuring high technical quality assurance for all project details start to finish.
- Provide quality control check before the publishing or delivery of any video content.
- Establish and maintain consistent and clear communication in efforts to promote a collaborative and flexible creative work environment.
- 3-5 years of proven video editing experience for social and digital platforms
- Strong proficiency with editing software, preferably Adobe Premiere Pro Suite, with a working knowledge of video and audio encoding, standards and formats.
- Experience with structured media file management using platforms like Frame.io, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
- Experience with Project Management tools like ClickUp.
- Proficiency in animation and motion graphics creation through After Effects, Motion, or others.
- Social media native that understands digital trends, what will engage audiences and perform well.
- Basic audio and sound mixing knowledge.
- Experience formatting and troubleshooting video assets for social media platforms.
- Experience in color correction for all video types.
- Fast and eager learner, with critical thinking, problem-solving, time management and multitasking skills.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
- Experience in other video production skills including storyboarding, producing, GFX, etc.
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing are a plus.
PLEASE SUBMIT A PORTFOLIO AND/OR WORK SAMPLES ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME.
This is a part-time, contract position with the option to work remote on East Coast hours. We are looking for a contract Content Video Editor to collaborate with us on projects across multiple properties, with the possibility of becoming a full-time in-house Video Editor. We’re an anti-racist organization, committed to equity and diversity of all kinds on our team, among our investors, and as represented on our media properties. Most importantly, we only hire extremely kind people.