Title: Content Quality Specialist (Remote) (Remote)
- Location: Remote (US Only)
- Job Type: Full-Time
Do you love being a part of a dynamic and innovative team? Are you meticulous and systematic? Do you have a thirst for knowledge, a passion for problem solving, and the desire to continuously improve?
Simucase (sister company to continued) is seeking an extremely detailed and personable Content Quality Specialist to support the development of consistent and accurate online simulations and videos. This position is focused on providing exceptional online products and services for our customers and will report directly to the Editor in Chief of Simucase.
A leader in virtual simulation-based education, Simucase is comprised of passionate individuals dedicated to providing a fun, meaningful, and individualized learning experience that enhances the lives and careers of the students and professionals we serve. We are fast-paced, engaged, and highly motivated. We all work from our home offices in various locations across the country.
- Test functionality of all simulations and videos for consistency
- Quickly catch and edit grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors in simulations and videos
- Ensure accuracy of scoring logic within all simulations and videos
- Edit simulations for clarity and consistency without altering the simulation content meaning
- Work closely with the simulation development team to ensure edits and revisions meet professionals’ expectations
- Consult with simulation development managers and instructional designers, as necessary, to ensure that simulation templates comply with content authoring standards
- Work closely with the simulation development team to develop and/or recommend corrective and preventive quality measures including creating/updating quality assurance policies and procedures, style guide, etc. for all simulation types and videos
- Assist with uploading of patient media files for simulation and video library development as needed.
- Other projects as assigned or created
- 3+ years of editing, technical writing, medical writing or similar experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or other similar field with a heavy emphasis on writing
- High level of comfort learning new technologies with strong computer skills
- Medical/health knowledge/background training or related experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of editing/quality review
- Experience with CMS platforms (content authoring systems and tools)
- Live in the US and have the ability to work from your home during regular US business hours
- Ability to travel occasionally for an annual company meeting and team meetings (once COVID clears of course)
- This position is ideal for someone who is:
- Highly attentive to detail with ninja level proofreading and editing skills
- Achievement and purpose oriented
- An excellent communicator
- Intellectually curious
- A self-starter
- Reliable and trustworthy
We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these simple steps will not be considered. Provide a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter please include 1) why you are interested in our company; and 2) a description of a testing/quality/editing achievement you are proud of, and why.