Content Marketing and Outreach Coordinator
Lawyerist.com is the largest online community of small-firm lawyers in the world. We offer content, education, community, tools and product recommendations that small firms need to start, manage and grow practices of the future. We’re currently looking for a Content Marketing and Outreach Coordinator who can help us promote our content and build our online and offline reputation in the legal industry.
Job Opportunity Details:
The Content Marketing and Outreach Coordinator works closely with our Community Team and reports to the Community Director. This will be a full-time, remote position (40 hours/week). Our team works Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm CT. We offer competitive salaries, professional development, benefits (profit-sharing, retirement matching, and healthcare allowance), flexible vacation, and a great team of people you can be proud to work with every day.
Our Team & Values:
Successful team members are tech-savvy and love finding new and smart ways to work. We take pride in our work and hold ourselves and each other to high standards. We take initiative and problem solve on our own, but also recognize when to ask for help. We are ambitious and often set big goals, and love hustling to make them happen. We’re also real people who have lives outside work. We have families and hobbies—skateboarding, puzzles/games, cooking, and music to name a few. We love inside jokes (but we’ll get you up to speed) and enjoy each other’s company. We are a distributed team because we want to attract the best talent and offer flexibility in work location.
All of our employees should share our commitment to these core company values:
- Build the tribe. You care most about doing good things for our community.
- Improve the ecosystem. You are someone who sees the big picture and seeks ways to improve our business, our processes, and yourself.
- Deliver value first and seek profit second. You care about delivering value in the work you do, but make sure you do so in a financially sustainable way.
- Learn and teach. You are a curious learner who wants to know how things work and what’s coming next.
- Think inclusively. We believe the future of law practice includes people of all genders, races, orientations, and abilities, and we want our tribe to reflect that.
- Do great work that supports a great life. You find ways to pursue personal goals and passions while achieving your goals at work.
- Find the lever. You try to find ways to have more impact than the work you put in by prioritizing the most important things you do.
Your Roles & Responsibilities:
You are expected to represent Lawyerist in a professional and positive manner. You have the desire, skills, and experience needed to lead the following activities, all of which require high-level attention to detail, organization, and relationship building:
Podcast Producer (20%)
The Lawyerist Podcast is a show about the future of lawyering and law practice. Every week we have conversations with successful lawyers and other creative people helping to shape the future of law practice. You will:
- Oversee production of episodes. Work with the show’s hosts and editors to ensure all aspects of the episodes are recorded, edited, and published on time.
- Guest research, scheduling, and coordination. Look for guests or influencers who can share their expertise, book and schedule guests. Ensure all guests comply with show’s technical requirements on their end and conduct pre-interview soundchecks.
- Podcast promotion. Work with team to promote weekly episodes.
Book marketing and promotion (20%)
The Lawyerist team recently published The Small Firm Roadmap: A Survival Guide to the Future of Your Law Practice. You will:
- Implement book marketing strategy. Work with the marketing team to create and implement an ongoing book marketing strategy.
- Outreach. Reach out to potentially interested parties regarding the book.
Guest Post Outreach (20%)
The Lawyerist team often publishes original content on our site and as thought leaders for other prominent publications. You will:
- Source guest posts. Reach out to prominent publications to coordinate guests posts from our team.
- Post coordination and promotion. Manage our team to ensure timely submissions and promote published posts.
- Link building. Look for publications with content that could benefit from links to our expert content.
Speaking Outreach (20%)
Coordinate the Lawyerist team’s speaking engagements. Specifically:
- Speaking outreach. Reach out to conference planners regarding possible speaking opportunities for team members.
- Speaking coordination and promotion. Manage our team with respect to speaking events and work with team to promote speaking events.
Paid Ad Campaigns (20%)
- Create and manage paid online advertisements promoting Lawyerist’s content and offerings.
Your Skills, Passions, and Personality:
What you need to succeed:
- Organization and ability to self direct work
- Designated professional, quiet space and a fast and reliable internet connection
- Experience managing and producing a show, event, or podcast
- Willingness to curate amazing guest and thought leaders for our community
- Demonstrated ability to identify and secure quality speaking and writing opportunities with outside organizations and bar associations
- Track record of success in actively developing and managing relationships with outside vendors and partners
- Strong working knowledge of social media and digital platforms including how to maximize social media advertising for desired results
- Strong working knowledge of SEO strategies
- Passion to help build a well-run company that is focused on improving the lives and businesses of small firm lawyers around the country
- Desire to achieve specific data-driven metrics and flexibility to adjust course to ensure goals are accomplished
- Commitment to improving the business and its systems and processes
- Ability to work with a distributed team including using technology to regularly communicate and collaborate with team members
- Available to travel to in-person team meetings (typically 1-2 times per year)
As a distributed team, we are on video calls with each other almost daily. Instead of a cover letter, prepare a short video introduction. We are not looking for anything professionally produced. We also aren’t looking for you to be silly or overly dramatic (this isn’t your Survivor casting video). Please be yourself and address the following:
Tell us why you think you would be a great fit for our team and this role.
Share with us one thing that you love to do or something about yourself that is not on your resume.