Contact Center Sales Representative Sign-On/Retention Bonus Included for new hires joining the bank
Location: Work From Home (See below), Millsboro or Buffalo
**We are offering permanent remote for those who reside in the M&T footprint but outside of Buffalo, NY or Millsboro, DE area.
**We are offering temporary remote to those who reside near Buffalo, NY or Millsboro, DE. You must report into the M&T Contact Center(s) in Buffalo, NY or Millsboro, DE; once M&T decides to return employees to work on-site full-time.
**Candidates must have reliable high-speed internet connection in order to have a work from home office.
Hours: Must have full-time availability to work 8 hour shifts 5 days per week between the hours of 8:00am - 8:00pm Monday through Friday AND Saturday 9:00am to 3:00pm
Training: Full-time paid training is for several weeks. Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.
At M&T, we strive to be the best place our employees ever work, the best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make. So when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. As a top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing regional banks in the country, we offer a wide range of performance based career development opportunities for talented professionals. And through our longstanding tradition of careful, conservative and consistent management and a strong commitment to the communities we serve, we continue to grow with a focus on the future.
About the Role
Serves as voice of the Bank by providing an outstanding experience for inbound and outbound customer interactions. Responds to incoming requests for information on Bank products and/or services and provides solutions for common customer requests across business lines. Offers basic sales solutions for customer needs on inbound and/or outbound calls and refers complex customer needs to the appropriate specialist.
What We Offer
- Overtime and Shift Differential
- Paid Time Off
- Health Care Benefits
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development
What you'll do?
- Identify and/or address customer needs by using appropriate needs identification methods, providing information or completing an appropriate application and/or service solution during the call.
- Identify opportunities to suggest and fulfill Bank products or services to suit the needs of customers while contributing to customer retention and expanding their overall relationship with the Bank.
- Research customer complaints or problems related to their accounts or Bank services and resolve them in a timely and accurate manner; escalate complex problems as appropriate to ensure their resolution.
- Take ownership of the customer's needs until resolution or escalation and follow-up with the customer once servicing is complete to ensure their expectations have been met.
- Conduct scheduled appointments with current and potential clients, across all hours of business, leveraging phone and/or video capabilities to best meet client needs.
- Complete inbound and outbound call activities in multiple queues as required.
- Set-up prospect and customer appointments based on inbound referrals or through outbound sales contacts.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable. Responsible for meeting and maintaining registration requirements under the Federal SAFE Act.
- Complete other related duties, including related special assignments and projects as assigned.
Who we need?
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and a minimum of 6 months' proven sales, customer service, and/or other related work experience
- Good communication skills
- Strong telephone skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills
- Basic familiarity with personal computers
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the customer service concept and its importance in developing and expanding relationships
- SAFE Act certified within 30 days of job start
Williamsville, New York, United States of America