At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren't easy goals to accomplish - but we're not here for easy. We're here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we're looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.Job Description
As a Palo Alto Networks Cloud Consulting Engineer, you will be the expert for a specific technology or solutions vertical within our offering. You are the "go to" resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements (we always expect a baseline expertise in all areas from our SE's but augment them with CE's in the advanced or new technology areas). The Consulting Engineering role is an overlay technical role that must directly support sales delivery of quota. CE's are measured by their expertise and by their ability to lead to customer successes. As the number of CE's in the company is small, there is also a requirement for close interaction with Product Management to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.Qualifications
- Present to customers as our expert in your area at all levels in the customer hierarchy from technician to CIO.
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning to deal with.
- Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and position ours as the best alternative.
- Lead and support customer demonstrations (with our SE's) that showcase our unique value.
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner.
- Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers.
- Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre sales' process for strategic opportunities.
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the region or theater.
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Networks virtual offerings and integration in Public Cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc).
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities.
- Provide territory coverage within the region when additional resources are required.
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite.
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting.
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable).
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing).
- Demonstrable experience in securing these environments In-depth technical knowledge in the area of focus for this specific CE role (separate document) - both from a technology and a business driver standpoint.
- Experience installing and configuring Public Cloud environments.
- Experience understanding threat signatures and their creation.
BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator.
Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products.
Travel of 60%-80% within the designated region.
Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress.
Effective in customer facing engagement, presentations, and in writing. Focused on continued skills development and learning experiences. Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills. Responsible for own actions; self-motivated; consistently exhibits a positive attitude and demonstrates a "whatever-it-takes" mentality to get things done. Dependable, never makes excuses, and always delivers. Team Player who works extremely well with the immediate team and channel partners and can coordinate productive engagement with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team; A consummate team player.
Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.