MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The role is responsible for the business development and estimating of Division 8 (doors, frames, hardware), Division 10 (toilet accessories, partitions, mirrors), and Division 28 (Access Control, Cameras). The Estimator works hand in hand with various in-house departments, as well as customers and vendors, to initiate, takeoff, and quote numerous projects.
Our client is a total opening integrator based in Indianapolis that has been providing turnkey solutions since 1963. We provide value through the entirety of the construction process, working collaboratively as a partner with your development, construction and management teams. With over 55 years of experience we provide our clients peace of mind that they will receive the correct products, ontime, and within budget.
- Collaboration with vendors and purchasing agent to procure the most cost-effective pricing
- Reviewing architectural drawings and specifications
- Using experience and knowledge as they relate to building codes, life safety, and accessibility
- Providing a takeoff using a systematic, methodical, detail-oriented process
- Creating proposals and providing value engineering opportunities to customer base
- Direct communication with customers via phone, email, or jobsite visits
- Ability to meet bid date schedules & deadlines
- Following up, negotiating, and closing bid projects
- Provide rough openings, as required
- Form relationships with customers providing long term growth opportunities
- 3+ years of experience in the construction industry is highly preferred
- Extensive knowledge within the trade of doors, frames, and hardware is required
- Knowledge of access control and the integration with door hardware is highly preferred
- DHI Certifications (AHC, CDC, EHC, AOC) desired
- Experience in project estimating and familiarity with construction drawings & specifications
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, ability to multi-task with advanced problem-solving techniques
- Proficient communication skills with timely follow-up
- Uphold high value for customer service relationships
- Required experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, .PDF reader & editor
The successful Remote Estimator will be offered:
- Competitive compensation up to $100,000 (base + target commission)
- Strong benefits package including health, dental, vision
- Team oriented environment
- Remote work set up with hands on leadership
Apply now for immediate consideration!