Orfium is a fast-growing music technology company representing some of the biggest music companies in the world. We are looking for talented, hard working people to join our rights management team who are passionate about protecting the value of music. Our office is located in Malibu, CA with a beautiful ocean view overlooking the Malibu Pier. Some of our clients include: Warner Music Group, Sony Music Group, Sony/ATV Music Publishing, Warner Chappell Music Publishing, Global Music Rights, Ingrooves, Red Bull, and many more.
The Conflict Resolution Specialist is responsible for performing required actions to resolve Orfium client and 3rd party ownership conflicts, escalate ownership conflicts when outreach is required and all possible resolution actions have been taken, and accurate annotation of ownership conflicts assigned in Orfium’s Conflicts Grail Product and/or any spreadsheets delegated by the Catalog Management Publisher Supervisor (“CM Pub Supervisor”.) This position requires a data driven analytical mindset with extreme attention to detail.
- Resolving, escalating (when applicable), and properly annotating conflicts in Orfium’s Conflicts Grail Product and/or any assigned spreadsheets provided by the Catalog Management Supervisor, Conflict Resolution, efficiently and accurately.
- Taking the necessary actions in YoutTube’s Content Management System including publisher ownership collection share removals and publisher ownership collection share adjustments as necessary to resolve the conflict.
- Escalating genuine and/or conflicts without discoverable verification information when necessary.
- Annotating all required fields in the Conflicts Grail Product and other resources that exist and require manual annotations for the billing and data collection purposes.
- Identifying prominent bad actors on YouTube by performing data analysis and communicating findings to leadership.
- Proactively communicate ideas, insights, and issues to the Catalog Management Supervisor, Conflict Resolution.
- Monitoring one’s own performance and thinking critically on ways to improve as an employee.
- Taking action on constructive feedback provided by the Catalog Management Supervisor, Conflict Resolution.
- Research and stay up to date on major catalog acquisitions to prepare for ownership transfers to our clients.
- Maintain documentation of tasks, product trainings, required annotation, and workflows and communicate any ideas for improving Orfium’s existing documentation to Catalog Management Supervisor, Conflict Resolution.
- Other duties assigned by the Catalog Management Supervisor, Conflict Resolution.
Hourly Range: $20.00 - $30.00
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Stock Options
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Simple IRA Match
- PTO & Sick Time
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Music Copyright Specialist or Music Copyright Administrator.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- High self-initiative with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of the company and our customers.
- Advanced computer literacy (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Chrome, YouTube CMS, new platforms, etc.)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; extremely detail-oriented.
- Analytical, data driven mindset.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
- Preferred BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university.
This position does not directly supervise.
Essential Work & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and a minimum of 5 days per week.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Orfium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.