Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Confifguration Consultant
for a Contract
assignment with one of our premier Financial Services
clients in Jacksonville, FL
- Works individually or within a team on technology business consulting projects to meet specific client requirements.
- Serves as liaison between end-users and the information technology organization consultants during IT and technology consulting projects.
- Expertly researches and documents client needs, technology, or regulations related to system design, enhancement, acquiring hardware or software that will impact multiple platforms and/or applications.
- Defines product scope, objectives and requirements. Defines specifications and data models for product development and testing.
- Creates detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc. Also analyzes system impacts to other systems and procedures. Provides recommendations on best practices and changes in technology accordingly.
- Devises and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and to solve the most complex business process problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Assists client in writing test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
- Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness, and acceptance tests. Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
- Influences clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
- Consults directly with the client and may travel to the client site.
- Acts as team leader for technical aspects of consulting projects, leading sub-plans or small projects. May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced Technology Business Consultants.
- May play a key role in the training of client and technical support personnel on enhancements, new systems or procedures.
- Assists with delivering training either one-on-one as knowledge transfer or in a classroom setting, depending on the number in the audience and client preference.
- May serve as pre-sales support specialist when needed.
- May require travel.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Experience with Empower configuration is a requirement
- In-depth knowledge of mortgage-and home-equity services industry and associated regulatory and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in application development in objective-oriented development, or other relevant technology
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines
- Proficiency in quality management methods, tools and technologies
- Awareness of system-development protocol
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Project management skills, including the ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at .
- provided by Dice