We are currently seeking an experienced and innovative Computational Designer/ Computational Architect to join our remote in-house Design team. In this role, you will contribute to the design development and production of technical packages for both Architecture and Interiors Hospitality Concepts. Proficiency in Rhino and parametric tools such as Grasshopper is essential for effectively rationalizing complex geometries.
This opportunity offers the chance to be involved in the inception and expansion of our department, with limitless potential for growth. Our workplace fosters a strong sense of camaraderie and collegiality, coupled with exceptionally high work morale and a dedication to excellence in our field. Our working culture is characterized by creative thinking, high energy, and robust teamwork.
- Work and collaborate in an agile development environment, prioritising the development of widely applicable and repeatable tools.
- Develop, maintain, and implement systems to automate tasks, build interoperability, and solve challenging design and delivery problems.
- Develop new computational tools and workflows to facilitate design exploration, automated analysis, and data management. Develop BIM and computational platform extensions.
- Rationalise complex geometries using parametric tools such as Grasshopper and Rhino.
- Produce high-quality design work in line with the client’s vision
- Ownership and responsibility for maintaining the client brief
- Thorough research into the design brief and subject matter
- Produce sketches, options and diagrams to effectively communicate the design options opportunities challenges that clients need to be aware of
- Deliver designs effectively in a timely manner
- Mentor junior members of the staff
- Communicate with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to capture specialist knowledge and incorporate information into design, project requirements and documents as needed.
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, or related field preferred, postgraduate qualification is a bonus
- 5+ years AEC industry experience with a focus on computation
- Previous experience on large-scale complex projects from RIBA stage 0-4 is beneficial
- Conceptual design-focused producing design solutions on your own or under guidance ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication presentation skills, strong modelling and post-production skills
- Strong experience with 3D software, parametric/generative modelling and automation experience, Revit/Dynamo, Rhino/Grasshopper etc.
- Sound knowledge of Rhino, Grasshopper, Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suite
- Experience within a tier one architecture practice working on international projects
- The right candidate will have a portfolio which demonstrates independent thinking, creativity, and a broad range of technical skills illustrating the ability to produce and manage complex geometries.
- Familiarity with Azure environment and associated technologies (SQL, PowerPlatform, PowerBI, etc.) is a big plus.
- Awareness of emerging technologies, such as augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and computational design, and their potential applications in architecture
- Fluent English
Salary and benefits are competitive and based on candidate experience.