See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as Twilio’s next Compliance Manager, Carrier Relations, North America.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
If you are someone who likes doing the same type of work every day, then this role is not for you. The Twilio Compliance team plays the critical role of bridging the Carrier Relations team with a broad set of internal teams and stakeholders. We are responsible for disseminating the wireless carrier’s policies and rules, as well as the industry Best Practices to the broader Twilio organization. We are a results driven organization, who is looking for a dynamic, thoughtful communicator who enjoys solving rules based problems.
This role is a critical part of Twilio’s compliance first approach to our messaging business. Having a dedicated compliance leader responsible for addressing the day-to-day compliance needs of Twilio’s Account Executives, Solution Engineers, and Support team provides customers with the expertise they need to develop and grow compliant messaging businesses in North America.
The right candidate for this role will be able to collaborate effectively across internal teams, including Operations, Customer Support, Sales/Go-to-Market, Product, Legal, and others, to provide customers the information and support needed to maintain compliance in a dynamic and nuanced policy environment.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with Carrier Relations to support the implementation of carrier Policies and Best Practices across Twilio’s varied businesses
- Collaborate with the Carrier Relations team to advocate for customers with North American Carriers
- Build trusted relationships within Twilio to support compliance initiatives across the organization
- Develop processes to ‘connect’ varied internal Twilio teams with Carrier Relations to engage with the North American carriers about policies and best practices
- Partner with the Operations team to support compliance enforcement and advise on complex compliance matters
- Own the process to update and maintain the North American carrier compliance policy documentation utilized by internal Twilio teams
- Work closely with Compliance Operations to support uniform compliance enforcement policies and practices
- Act as primary point of contact for customer compliance escalations, be the ‘voice of the carriers’ with the front line
- Participate in all North American Carrier Relations meetings with carriers
- Support the development of internal and external compliance materials including: interactive educational trainings, customer reference guides, customer trainings, and specific materials for high value customers
- Develop processes and documentation to address customer compliance questions about campaign rejections (Short Code, 10DLC, Toll-Free)
- Support executive compliance escalations through to resolution
- Support ongoing Compliance initiatives across Twilio in partnership with Carrier Relations, Operations, Product, Support, Legal, Regulatory Affairs, and Sales
- Document compliance issue trends to support Carrier Relations QBR with the North American Carriers
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects across multiple facets of an organization
- 5+ years of experience in the North American A2P messaging industry
- Thorough understanding of the North American messaging industry processes for A2P messaging including: U.S.10DLC programs, U.S. & Canadian Short Code program, and U.S. & Canadian Toll-Free program
- Working understanding of the Wireless industry compliance guidelines, including CTIA & CTA Messaging Principles and Best Practices, CTIA & CTA Short Code Audit Handbook, and carrier-specific requirements
- Experience working with customers to address and remediate compliance issues
- Experience implementing industry policies and best practices in a regulated industry
- Experience communicating to customers difficult or business impacting information
- Demonstrated track record of driving results across cross-functional teams
- You enjoy working with customers to resolve problems
- You are a curious, collaborative, strategic thinker who thrives in high-functioning teams.
- You have a collaborative mindset and can work with distributed cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrable outside the box problem solving skills
- Comfortable managing escalations through to resolution in constrained timelines
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple work streams with competing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Experience communicating directly with North American wireless carriers
- BA/BS preferred but not required
This role will be remote and based in the U.S.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $83,000-$103,000
- Based in New York, Washington State or California : $87,000-109,000
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.