AFICS American Family Insurance Claims Services, Inc.
Our Enterprise is driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide opportunity. If you are in search of a new challenge and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every new job opportunity is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your new journey by reviewing and applying for new job opportunities you are interested in!Job ID:
R24135 Complex Property Claim Field Adjuster (Phoenix, AZ)(Remote) (Open)Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Job Family Summary
Investigates and maintains property claims in the field of a high value. Determines liability, secures information, reviews coverages, arranges appraisals, and settles claims. This is a field position.
The Claim Complex Property Adjuster position supports the Claim Division goal of ensuring customer service industry leadership and partners with agency to deliver seamless claim service. An experienced adjuster who has achieved mastery in and performs all areas of claim adjustment activities with the highest degree of competency and independence. Processes highly complex claims of significant monetary exposure. Will specialize in property claims.Job Level Summary
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline or field.
- Leads others to solve complex problems.
- Works independently in on the most complex situations.
- May lead functional teams or projects.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Investigates origin and cause of high exposure claims by contacting the appropriate parties including insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation unit, other adjusters, public personnel, etc. Checks for prior claims and recognizes environmental exposures.
- Participates in High Damage Reviews (HDR) to address coverage issues and exposure. Handles claims on a good faith basis.
- Handles both 1st party and 3rd party claims under multiple policies types and numerous endorsements.
- Conducts on-site inspections when needed, evaluates damages and handles claim negotiations with insureds, claimants, attorneys, public adjusters.
- Responds to customer inquiries, makes appropriate decisions and closes file as needed.
- Interprets and determines policies, leases, by-laws, declarations, articles and contract coverages and applies to all parties for assigned losses. Interprets claim history coverages.
- Makes independent decisions but recognizes when assistance is needed.
- Proactively provides all parties with claim process and status as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other areas.
- Serves as a mentor and subject matter expert for less experienced adjusters.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Demonstrated ability to handle 1st and 3rd party, multi-line claims across our operating territories.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively handle complex claims.
- Extensive knowledge of policies and endorsements coverages.
- Successfully applied knowledge of each phase of the claim handling process.
Education & Licenses
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if necessary.
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving record.
- Obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as required.
Additional Job InformationMinimum of 5 years Complex Property or Large Loss Property Adjusting experience.
#LI-remote #remotejob #workfromhome
When you work at the American Family Enterprise, you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!