What You Will Do:
- Underwrite various government guaranteed and conventional loans in a timely and efficient manner.
- Understand credit policies and underwriting standards.
- Think analytically and be a proactive problem solver.
- Read, analyze, and interpret reports such as real estate appraisals, environmental assessments, and business valuations.
- Review and analyze loan packages for content, completeness, and viability.
- Order and review due diligence and documentation.
- Review and analyze financial statement spreads and cash flow models.
- Manage customer relationships throughout the underwriting process.
- Communicate effectively with customers, legal counsel, third party vendors, and other involved parties.
- Gain thorough understanding of the Prospect’s business model, including relevant risks.
- Prepare the credit narrative for appropriate approval.
- Present credit narratives to credit committee for approval.
- Perform other ad-hoc functions, projects, etc. for other areas of the bank as required.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Typically, 3+ years’ relevant experience.
- 1-3 years of lending experience with demonstrated strong credit management skills preferred.
- Experience with SBA or USDA guaranteed loan products preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of secured or cash flow lending with skill set to underwrite large, complex transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive and may be changed at any time.