Summary: Achieve profitable underwriting results in support of growth and profit objectives by appropriate risk selection, agency relations, book management and self-development. Based on relevant experience could consider as a Sr. Underwriter.
What You'll Be Doing:
1. Select profitable risks within individual authorities granted, by identifying and analyzing risk exposures against coverage desired, using pricing rules and procedures, placing approved reinsurance where required, and modifying policy coverages where necessary to reflect the individual characteristics of each account.
2. Manage and re-underwrite existing book of business to maintain profitable results, by identifying changes in risk exposures or characteristics, changes in loss trends as measured by loss ratio, loss frequency or other measures.
3. Maintain policy retention objectives as determined to meet company objectives.
4. Develop effective relationships with agents and other internal and external customers through effective communication, cooperation and periodic agency visits.
5. Develop and maintain full knowledge of all policy forms, coverages, rating plans and manuals for all property and casualty lines written.
6. Assist as needed in the training, mentoring and development of new or less experienced underwriting personnel.
7. Manage assigned work to meet or exceed time and quality service standards.
8. Review referrals from other underwriters and/or Tech Raters within the referral guidelines and individual underwriting authority.
9. Exhibit the company's core values of integrity, candor, ownership, working together and doing the right thing.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE COMPANY: Bachelor's degree or CPCU designation strongly desired. Over one year commercial multiple lines underwriting experience or completion of the Grange Underwriting Training program required. Must possess excellent communication and work management skills and the ability to: use computer, complete multiple tasks within set deadlines and should be willing to continue learning and updating skills; and travel as required for agency visitations, agency meetings, seminars, etc.
Grange Insurance Company, with $3 billion in assets and more than $1.3 billion in annual revenue, is an insurance provider founded in 1935 and based in Columbus, Ohio. Through its network of independent agents, Grange offers auto, home, life and business insurance protection. Life insurance offered by Grange Life Insurance and Kansas City Life Insurance. Grange Insurance Company and its affiliates serve policyholders in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.
NOW IS AN EXCITING TIME TO BE AN ASSOCIATE
The key to our success is dedicated associates and a winning workplace culture. We offer a friendly environment, promote work-life balance, offer generous compensation/benefit package and establish career development. We know the power of our company ultimately comes from our Associates. Investing in them is an investment in our success. Our Associates take their work seriously, but not themselves. They have fun, are energetic and bring passion to their work.
We don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our associates, our products and our community. Integrity Insurance is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Grange Enterprise is proud to be part of the CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion , a national initiative of more than 1400 CEOs working for the advancement of diversity and inclusion within the workplace.