What we’re looking for
SurveyMonkey is looking for an accomplished Commercial Counsel to join our Legal and Corporate affairs team. We are looking for a Commercial Counsel with experience in SaaS business issues and transactions. This role provides an exciting opportunity to help scale a growing internet business. You will focus on enterprise commercial transactions, and you will work closely with Sales, Finance, Revenue Operations, Customer Success, Procurement, Security, and Privacy teams.
We are looking for team members who share our interest in engaging legal issues and who apply a creative, and thoughtful approach when providing legal advice. As a SaaS business, we often operate on the leading edge of the legal sphere, where the law struggles to keep up with technology and the rules get fuzzy. This makes our work very interesting.
What you’ll be working on
- Negotiate, draft, and advise on a broad range of customer-facing agreements, including SaaS Enterprise and ancillary documentation related to sales deals, such as NDA's, order forms, DPA's, BAA’s, partnership agreements, and other related agreements.
- Provide training and ongoing support on sales and contractual matters, including developing internal playbooks and training to streamline and simplify deals.
- Work cross-functionally with internal clients and important partners (including the sales, procurement, sales operations, security, finance, and management teams) by providing legal advice on relevant legal topics, becoming a trusted advisor across SurveyMonkey.
- Negotiate and advise on customer and vendor privacy related agreements.
We’d love to hear from people with
- 3-5 years of commercial transactions experience with in-house experience negotiating complex technology transactions.
- Law degree with a strong academic record.
- Member of local state bar or eligible to register as registered in-house counsel.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills with the ability to foster relationships with internal clients.
- General commercial contracting background with experience of IT and SaaS contracts.
- Experience negotiating data-privacy related agreements.
- State and Federal government contracting experience is a plus.
- Reseller experience is a plus.