At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
At Edward Jones we are developing a next-generation data architecture to support our growing business. In a Platform Engineering role, you will be responsible for deploying and maintaining Advanced Analytic solutions in support of analytics users across the firm. This will also bring you into contact with a diverse array of stakeholders from each division. In doing so, you will be placing powerful analytic tools in the hands of those responsible for answering the firms most critical questions. What you'll do
What you'll need
- Work closely with project teams to deploy new analytics tool solutions for new cloud-based solutions and proof-of-concept efforts
- Independently design, configure, deploy and maintain complex cloud-based solutions
- Maintain and keep-current on-premise analytics tools and platforms
- Contribute to the migration from on-premise platforms and tools to cloud-based solutions
- Develop, package, test, document and implement quality infrastructure on a variety of platforms (Linux, Windows, etc.)
- Debug and correct complex internal and external infrastructure problems
- Document step-by-step procedures and system configuration for use in ongoing support and future efforts that require modifications or upgrades to the infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience deploying and managing solutions on the public cloud (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- 3+ years of experience in a Platform Engineering role in support of Advanced Analytic Tools (Data Science Platform, DataIku, CPLEX, R, Python, Jupyter Notebooks)
- 3+ years of experience in Systems Administration
- Experience with installing, packaging and configuring software deployments on Linux and Windows systems
- Extensive experience with platform security enablement and management including SAML, Kerberos.
- Experience with virtualization and container environment management (e.g. VMware, Kubernetes)
- Extensive scripting skills (e.g., Bash, Perl, Python, Terraform, Ansible)
- Familiar with utilization of source code repository (GitHub)
- Knowledge of the configuration of monitoring solutions and the creation of dashboards (Splunk, Wily, Prometheus, Grafana, Log Analytics)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another applicable field is preferred
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $89642 - $152634