The Cloud Integration UI/UX Senior Developer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing Sierra-Cedar's FlexOps® platform for managing Infrastructure as Code in the cloud. Translate UX requirements into intuitive, visual user interfaces, develop the overall look, layout, and features of the platform and drive consistency in visual elements and defining behavior. Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards to deliver an optimal user experience UI/UX.
The Cloud Integration UI/UX Senior Developer's planning, coordination, and execution spans across multiple disciplines in order to develop robust, holistic solutions for the business as a whole. Work with an agile team in a fast-paced environment to bring our vision to the market.
About the Position
This position is responsible for all UI/UX web development in a test driven development process, documentation of standards, automation of Architectures and frameworks, working in coordination with Compliance, Architecture, Operations, Applications, IT, and other internal groups. This includes leading problem analysis, solutions development and implementation, and decision making that will have significant impact on Cloud Solutions offerings.
The Cloud Integration UI/UX Senior Developer will be expected to be able to effectively manage their time and demonstrate innovative approaches to solving the unique challenges encountered.
Qualifications The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience in the following areas:
• Designing and implementing a microservice based application using Python, Django, AWS API Gateway, Lambda, and related frameworks, in AWS
• 5+ years of experience in building and deploying web applications using the Python ecosystem
• 5+ years of experience with Django
• Experience with RESTful API design
• Working microservice patterns
• Creating microservices to support front end applications
• Supporting mobile app a plus
• Hands-on Public Cloud (IaaS) - One or more of AWS, Google, Azure, OCI, etc.
• Multi-Tenant with a centralized management/administration mindset
• Infrastructure, Network, and Application Security best-practices, including the secure transport and storage of sensitive/private data
• Terraform experience a plus
• 3-5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Multi-tenant environments with resource isolation
o Software-Defined Infrastructure (AWS APIs for EC2, for example)
o AWS Serverless Applications (Lambda, Dynamo, Event sources)
o Scripting skills (python, ruby, perl, etc.)
o Linux and Windows OS knowledge
• Code management and versioning via GitHub, GitLab, or other code repository
• Familiarity with operating in a 24x7x365 High-Availability environment
• Familiarity with cloud concepts related to security, networking, self-healing Architecture, SOA, APIs, and automation are pluses
• Familiarity with Kanban, DevOps, and Continuous Delivery concepts a plus
• UI/UX Design and development for Sierra-Cedar's FlexOps®, a cloud-enabled, multi-tenant Automation/Orchestration infrastructure as code platform.
• Research, recommend and implement changes to standards and procedures to enhance automation/orchestration capability
• Work with front-end and back-end cloud staff to improve awareness of automation capabilities, policies and best practices
• Identify process and control weaknesses, and develop recommendations and plans to remedy inefficiencies in procedures and standards
• Ensure all automation updates are made in a timely, accurate manner such that interruptions to production environments do not occur
• Must be able to manage projects, resources, and time effectively
• Strong ability to carry out assigned administrative tasks with limited oversight
• Holistic Systems Thinking - must be able to envision how all parts of a solution interact with each other, existing systems Architecture, and the solution itself
• Ability to think "outside the box" when developing solutions
• Research, compare and evaluate software and hardware - full life cycle, from initial search to install, configuration, process development, and delivery
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions and participates in meetings.
• Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
• Ability to follow policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
• Display willingness to make decisions. Exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Support and explain reasoning for decisions.
• Demonstrates leadership and foster collaborative team approach - interacts well with front line and management providing consultation and expert advice on systems related topics
• Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, from executives to co-workers, within and across teams
• Ability to document and present information in a clear and concise manner to cross-operational teams and to executive management
• Ability to create Visio and PowerPoint presentations that clearly communicate concepts, details, solutions, and business justification
• Short-term and Long-term strategic planning of the organization's technology and solutions
• Promote cost reduction and efficiency by leveraging the latest "best-fit" technology
• Develop and/or adjust processes to evolve with business and demand
• Evaluate and recommend improvements to lifecycle processes
• Proactively investigate and suggest the use of new technologies that help with gaining efficiencies and/or increase ROI in new technology initiatives
• Recommend new technology solutions and implement strategies to drive cloud-based productivity
• Research new technologies that will give Sierra-Cedar the competitive edge in the market
Sierra-Cedar delivers industry-focused client success by providing consulting, technical, and managed services for the deployment, management, and optimization of next-generation applications and technology. We offer a competitive benefits package including 401(k), Health, Disability, and Life. Sierra-Cedar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.