At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
The Cloud Engineering Manager is responsible for the design and implementation of private and public cloud infrastructures supporting BNP Paribas USA
including Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service offerings. Participating with the technical framework and providing technical leadership in support of our cloud computing and automation initiatives. Responsible for shaping and supporting the future architecture and infrastructure necessary to ensure a transition to a multi-tenant, microservices-based cloud architecture. The role requires strong technical and organizational skill sin managing large cloud platform engineering and operations, has the ability to influence decision-making processes and working with the Sr leadership team.
The successful Manager will work for the BNP Paribas USA Cloud Director and with various technology subject matter experts within BNP Paribas USA IT Production teams and technical experts within Regional CTO organizations.
Success will be determined by:
• Stakeholder Satisfaction
• Achievement of regional Strategic Objectives
• Contribution to achievement of Strategic Objectives
• Adherence to budget guidelines.
• Meeting defined regional objectives as detailed in yearly performance review process
• Successful operational delivery of services within BNPP USA
• Ensure that services function performs to contractually agreed service levels regionally
• Continuous Improvement meets benchmark level for services
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Cloud architecture and pattern definition for internal private cloud and public cloud infrastructures
• Design, build, and run or landing zones and core cloud computing platforms
• DevOps / DevSecOps toolchains and associated shared services with leveraging cloud computing platforms
• Coordinating with development teams and on-boarding to cloud platforms
• Collaborate with the development organization in creating service blueprints to manage micro-services at scale.
• Development and oversight of re-useable cloud components and patterns
• Development and implementation of cloud platform operating metrics and instrumentation
• Collaboration with application and other stakeholders to ensure high-quality product requirements for deployment into production and work with other engineering teams to ratify release processes as necessary.
• Recruit, manage, and motivate a strong cloud engineering team
• Work closely with architecture and security teams to define and implement enterprise compliant practices.
• Automation for delivery of platform services using infrastructure-as-code. Build self-service playbooks for the platform that can be consumed across the organization.Qualifications
• Experience managing large teams with at least 10 years' technical experience managing engineering and architecture teams with responsibilities of cloud infrastructures along with strong management and communication skills.
• Experience in evaluation and design of technical architectures cloud infrastructure platforms.
• Deep understanding and experience with modern cloud service providers i.e. Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google, or IBM Cloud
• Experience working with modern Devops and CI/CD tools, automation such as Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform.
• Basic Project Management skills.
• Basic financial management skills for managing team budgets.
• Knowledge of standard methodologies and framework such as NIST or FFIEC.
Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead project teams multiple job areas.
Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
Requires 12-15 years minimum prior relevant experience.Preferred qualifications:
• Experience running cloud technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes at large scale, serverless computing, ansible / terraform / other cloud automation and infrastructure as code tools.
• Experience and proficiency with log monitoring and analytics tools and processes ie. Dynatrace, ELK stacks, etc.
• Prior experience working in a globally distributed organization
• Managed on-call 24x7 teams to serve global services.
• Experience running microservices in production
• Experience and proficiency with cloud hypervisors such as VMware VSphere, VMware NSX
• Experience with cloud security tools such as Caveonix, Hytrust, and Key Mgt platforms Working Location Statement This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs ( San Francisco, CA, San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY. Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.