Cloud Engineer – OpenStack
RamNode is searching for an Cloud Engineer to assist in developing and enhancing new platforms and products built around the use of OpenStack. While working alongside other technical departments, our Engineering team is committed to providing highly reliable service and using strong technical expertise to bring valuable solutions to our new and existing customers.
The OpenStack Engineer role is responsible for carrying technical knowledge over all RamNode products, and making decisions to provide general improvements, solve problems, and serve as a point of contact for technical issues both internally and externally.
If you are a creative problem solver who gets excited by the ways in which technology can change how people work, then you’ll love this position! This position is also available on a remote basis.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor customer-facing systems and infrastructure to ensure consistent and reliable uptime and availability.
- Develop and maintain a growing network and system environment.
- Serve as a technical escalation point for other team members.
- Develop and update scripts and automation procedures for frequent tasks.
- Plan and coordinate maintenance windows, software patches, and other routine operating system maintenance.
What You’ll Get:
- Profit-sharing twice yearly
- Customizable 401(k) plans that include company-matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision Disability, Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- A casual work environment
- The chance to lead the success of a new product in a highly competitive, growing market
And when onsite…
- Awesome company parties and events
- Free weekly lunch and snacks
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years as a System Administrator in a Linux environment
- Dedicated focus on customer satisfaction and responsiveness to the customer’s problems
- OpenStack experience to include common services such as Ceph and NOva, and supporting hardware technologies and deployment automation such as OpenStack Ansible
- Understanding of OpenStack networking concepts and automation including OpenvSwitch, Neutron, and the use of VLANs
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts and network troubleshooting tools
- Ability to use Git for source control
- Experience with OpenVZ, SolusVM experience is a plus
- Knowledge of web hosting technologies and common concepts
- Experience with SuperMicro systems
- Experience automating the deployment and management of systems
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Denver, CO
- US Remote
The salary range for this position is $90,000 – $105,000+ annually and will be dependent on experience and skill set.