At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers' dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R27982 Cloud DevOps Engineer - Open to Remote Worker (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Job Summary Work collaboratively with Software Engineers to analyze, develop, implement, support, and continuously evolve software-defined infrastructure, application patterns, software, and technology solutions in Cloud environments to govern, monitor, and secure the cloud environments and data for the company. Builds repeatable solutions working within and between engineering and operations teams to identify and implement process improvements. Third level in the Cloud job family. Has demonstrated proficiency and experience across a broad range of cloud services.
* Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines
* Solves complex problems
* Works independently, receives minimal guidance
* May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or may have accountability for on-going activities or objectives
* Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
* Level at which career may stabilize for many years or until retirement
* Designs, develops, builds, deploys and maintains cloud platform solutions, primary in the areas of software-defined infrastructure
* Engages with engineering and operations teams throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability
* Troubleshoots complex issues with tools, processes, applications or infrastructure
* Evaluate current development and operations procedures, recommend and implement tools and practices to increase efficiency, reliability and repeatability
* Leads operational reviews of cloud architecture with the goal of automating and improving the existing and future environments
* Configure, deploy, and manage services and applications; troubleshoots complex systems
* This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
* Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of infrastructure as code, application development methodologies (e.g. Agile), and product-based teams
* Extensive knowledge & understanding of key Cloud services (EC2, S3, Cloud Watch, Containers, Cloud Formation, etc.)
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of multiple infrastructure technology disciplines (Network, Database, Middleware, Storage, OS)
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of multiple IT subject areas (e.g. development - microservices & serverless architecture, configuration, deployment, monitoring, testing, etc.)
* Extensive knowledge & understanding of building automation for cloud environments and associated tools (Jenkins, Zookeeper, Mesos, Ganglia, Chef, Node)
* Extensive experience developing & testing code (applications, scripts, etc.)
* Extensive knowledge and understanding in one or more of the following: Java, Python, Linux, Shell, Bash or other programming/scripting languages
Additional Job Information:
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!